Why Americans are so against Immigrants (illegal or not)?

First of all, let me start by saying that I was born in America and my parents were once immigrants. My mom is from Brazil and my dad is from Middle East. I'm happy that I am mixed because I can experience two different culture =p Well I just don't understand why ppl are so against immigrants...... show more First of all, let me start by saying that I was born in America and my parents were once immigrants. My mom is from Brazil and my dad is from Middle East. I'm happy that I am mixed because I can experience two different culture =p

Well I just don't understand why ppl are so against immigrants... especially Mexican immigrants. All they want is a better life, and America has the best to offer it. Wouldn’t u want the best possible life?

Do u have any idea what they have to go through to jump the border? I know this Mexican construction worker who said he paid $1000 to a group of guys to help him jump the border (of course there was more ppl along with him) He told me during the trip he witnessed women being raped, children dying of hunger/thirst and travelers just collapsing from the hot weather. It’s kinda sad when they realize they have to go back to their country.

Okay so I know this girl in my school that is very racist against illegal immigrants and we are having a conversation just yesterday. I asked her, what bother her the most and she said that immigrants are taking all of the available jobs out there. Awww come on, most immigrants work getting paid min wage or even less and their jobs are more likely to be those job that no one wants to work (harvesting, construction worker, etc…)

She also said some immigrants come here with a criminal record…….if u had a criminal record, wouldn’t u want to move somewhere else?

They are ruining the economy? Okay that’s the only thing I agree, we can’t tell if they are paying their taxes or not, and yet they’re taking advantage if our public system, such as our children’s education. Sure this mean more fund for ESL students, but come on…we are on debt and we are paying millions of dollar to the War in Iraq. Why pay millions dollar for the useless war while we can use the money to help a human being in having better life?

The only thing that annoys me is that we are here paying our taxes and they are not. So in my opinion, to solver this, we should welcome illegal immigrants, register every one of them (not necessarily make them US citizen), and make sure they are paying their taxes.

Come on, we are all human….immigrants was the one who build this great country.
Think about it~