Harry Potter- cool or tool?

My bf really enjoys Harry Potter books and "really thinks I'll like them".. problem is I really don't think they're cool. Not my style of entertainment what so ever.. Should I give it a chance? What are your opinions about the books?

Best Answer

the first two books are the least interesting of the series, but still phenomenal in their own right, but compared to the series, the books start getting really really cool, and action packed, and 3-4-5 are top notch...your boyfriend's the man :-*

When the hype over the book first started I thought pretty much the same thing. Ended up getting dragged to the first movie against my will and it had me wanting to check out the first book just to see what was there. But what I didn't expect was the book itself having me wanting to check out the rest of the series released at that time and eagerly waiting for the next movie. After the last three movies I no longer eagerly await the movies, but I do find it hard to put the books down.

I'd really suggest giving the books a shot. They still may not be to your liking, but at least you can say you tried them and found out for certain. On the other hand, you may learn you really enjoy them.

I know people who hated reading or just hated fantasy stories like HP before they read them. As soon as they did read that first book, they were hooked. I'd never read anything like HP, but I got really into it. The first chapter of the first book can be a little slow but stick with it because it gets really, really good. If you don't like it by the end of the first book, don't read any of the other ones. Check it out. You won't know until you try it if you like it or not.

well u never know. i think u should try them. i mean, they are an international best seller. and like EVERYONE likes them, so why not give them a chance??? they are pretty good. some of my friends don't like the whole fantasy story element but they really liked harry potter. hope it helps!

i really love the harry potter books....u should definitely give them a try!

I really liked the books. My friends made fun of me for reading them, but then I had them just try to read the first one and they all fell in love with them.

harry potter series is great and is read and is read by nearly everyone!! you need to give the books a chance! im sure you'll be pleasantly suprised! its a good series to also occupy you when you are bored.

GIVE THE BOOKS A CHANCE! The books are amazing.

Harry Potter is a tool, in the sense that he was manipulated by Dumbledore from beginning to end.

i think it puts coffee to sleep.