What caused the death of Norman Warne, Beatrix Potter's fiancee?

There are conflicting opinions regarding what caused the death of Warne, fiancee to Beatrix Potter (who wrote "The Tale of Peter Rabbit" and is the subject of the recent movie, "Miss Potter"). Some sources declare him to have died from leukemia, wheareas others state that pernicious anemia killed him. What I know about his illness is that it came about suddendly and, in the term of four weeks, ended his life. Can anyone clear this up? Please offer proof of your theories and statements.

• dee
    Favorite Answer

He died of Leukemia in 1905.

Source(s): Biograhy of Beatrix Potter
  • ?

Norman Warne

• Carol

Dobby and Snape. Fred's death was awful, but there wasn't much time given for it to sink in. There was too much action going on for me to bawl too much. Dobby I cried for pretty bad. I had always thought him to be kind of adorable with the way that he talked and his loyalty to Harry. I cried very hard for Snape though. Not at first, because I had thought he was an evil little git until his memories were shown. Then I cried pretty bad. I've been considering getting a new copy of Deathly Hallows because instead of doing the smart thing and putting the book away until I had calmed down, I attempted to read on while crying. I got more than a few pages wet and some of the letters are all blurred. D: