Is it illegal for creditors to harass (call several times a day) the family of the debtor?

My parents are divorced and I live with my dad. After my parents divorced my mom got into a great deal of debt and apparently her creditors no longer have her phone number so they are constantly calling my dad's house asking for her. At first I told them she didn't live here and then tried telling them... show more My parents are divorced and I live with my dad. After my parents divorced my mom got into a great deal of debt and apparently her creditors no longer have her phone number so they are constantly calling my dad's house asking for her. At first I told them she didn't live here and then tried telling them they have the wrong number but they continue to call. I guess they think I am her and I'm lying to them because the last time I told them they had the wrong number they just laughed and hung up. How can we get them to stop calling? Are they violating any laws by harassing individuals that do not owe them money???