Same font, same style why is it printing out different?! Need help with word document!!?
I'm working on a program. The employee index looks something like the one below (except aligned on both sides). But when I print out the "dots" are different sizes. I used same font, same style why do they look different?
Jane Doe...................Director of Admissions
John Doe....... Career Planning/Industrial
Janet Smith......................................................Campus Director
- JSGeareLv 61 decade agoFavorite Answer
I'm guessing you actually typed the dots. Instead, use what's called a "dot leader" in conjunction with a right-aligned tab.
1. Get rid of the dots you have now. The name and title should be run together -not even a space between them
2. Highlight the lines on which this formatting is to be applied.
3. Change the tabs on the highlighted lines so there are just TWO: the left align for the person's name, and then the right-aligned tab at (or nearly at) the end of the line where the right end of person's position or title gets lined up. On the tab menu, you'll see they option for a dot leader. Select it.
NOTE: if the person's name is flush to the left margin -not inset by a tab- then you'll just set up the single right-aligned tab.
4. Turn highlighting OFF (just click the mouse somewhere).
5.a (name is inset by a left tab) To line up the text, put the cursor in front of the first person, then press tab. Name and position will move to that tab. Now put the cursor just to the left of the position, and press tab again -material will align at the end, flush right, and a row of dots should fill the gap between name and position.
5. b (name is flush to left margin). Put the cursor just to the left of the position, and press tab -material will align at the end, flush right, and a row of dots should fill the gap between name and position.
GOTCHA: if your general style includes an automatic indent at the beginning of each paragraph, this can make the apperance look strange. For these lines, there should be NO indent.
GOTCHA AGAIN: Each line should be treated as a paragraph; that is, there is a return after each line.
LAST RESORT: Send me the raw text and I'll whip up your program for you. Use Answers email to advise.
- ErikaLv 43 years ago
there is third-occasion upload-ons that make be conscious 2007 appear as if be conscious 2003, yet i haven't tried them. right here, in spite of the shown fact that, are some counsel that would desire to help: maximum of what was below equipment->innovations is now available this way: a million.click the around place of work button in the top-left nook of the window. 2.click the be conscious innovations button. The ALT key, if pressed via itself, will boost flags for most of the previous ALT keystrokes that would help. in addition, ALT/F is going to the place of work button’s record menu. a minimum of most of the secondary keystrokes (ALT/F A for record->save As, working example), look to nonetheless be there. most of the previous keyboard shortcuts (CTRL/A, CTRL/S, CTRL/O, working example) nonetheless artwork. most of the previous communication packing containers are nonetheless there, usually one point below the Ribbon's interface. in specific, any team on a Ribbon tab that has a splash arrow in the decrease ideal nook ends up in that previous general communication container once you click the arrow. submit to in recommendations the main suitable-click and use it. It’s nonetheless the quickest thank you to Font and Paragraph. clearly desire that helps.