problems with Big Fish games?

does anyone else have problems getting viruses and spyware, etcwhen playing games from Big Fish games.

Favorite Answer

They're a big, reputable company so I doubt any of their games contain spyware or viruses. HOWEVER if you download "cracked" versions of their games via bittorrent or file-sharing sites, you will find some with viruses or popup ads... that's because malware distributors know you're illegally copying the game and can't complain when your computer gets screwed up. But if you download the games from Big Fish's site, you'll be fine.

Recently Big Fish Games changed to a new download system that gives some people trouble. In that case, look for the same game from another site, like Game Socks and try downloading it. Game Socks lets you just download the game and install it. You don't have to mess around with BFG's new installer/download utility which to be honest is a pain and sometimes doesn't work right.

Anyway, if you get virus/spyware alerts when installing games you downloaded directly from reputable sites like Big Fish Games or Game Socks, it's probably your antivirus software just being paranoid...

Big Fish Games Client

I have been using big fish for about 5yrs and own a ton of games. But now I am trying to download a game to try(like I always have)and I click "run", but it doesn't work. Usually when I click on run, my curser looks like a finger. But now when I click on run it is just the little arrow and it won't download. I have not made any changes to my pc. I unplugged router and plugged back in, to no avail.

I looked up the help topics but nothing applies. I am not getting any error messages, and now since I unplugged the router, my cursor is jerky.

Since I always play I don't think its my firewall, I tried different games to download.

Any help would be appreciated.

• Beth

I haven't gotten viruses from them but when I download a free trial only about half of them actually play for me. It's probably something with my java that isn't working correctly, but I've tried to reinstall it and still don't have any luck.