Motorcycle Jacket?

I want to buy a motorcycle jacket but im a large guy. 6'5 340IBS and i wear a 3x shirt. What would be a good size and brand? my motorcycle is a honda shadow 750 cruiser.

Favorite Answer

Go down to a local motorcycle shop and try on some jackets to see what fits. Make sure to try sitting on your bike and making sure it is comfortable, and that the sleeves are long enough.

A standard motorcycle jacket is generally short in the back, and should fit fairly snug - again, the sleeves should be sufficiently long - but most have zippers to tighten them up - and if they are a bit short, you can always wear longer gloves.

It's really a matter of personal preference - I have two, a standard black leather motorcycle jacket - with the diagonal zipper, epaulets (good for putting chains on around your shoulders), a belt, zippers at the wrists, and plenty of zipper pockets. The other one is black leather too - but with a snap neck, straight zipper, two reflective strips around the upper arms, and one reflective line across the back.

If you live where it is cold in the winter and hot in the summer, you can get jackets with removable liners - if you plan on riding in the cold, they even make electric heated jackets.

Plan to spend a few dollars - but you don't have to break the bank to get a decent one. Fortunately for you there are a lot of husky guys who ride bikes - so getting a large jacket shouldn't be a problem.

The best thing is to go to a motorcycle shop and try some on. Every manufacturer makes it a little different. It is like buying a pair of jeans. Once you find the one you like, they might give you a good price too. If they dont, go online to get it. Get a jacket that fits and not loose because if you slide you want the armour to stay on you and not move off the place it is protecting.

There is only one answer for you, it's Vanson Leathers of Fall River,MA. Made in America by Americans with American materials. Mike the owner is a big guy as well and he makes sure that everyone can be covered safely. Visit them online of look for a dealer near you.

I can't tell you size or brand but a good leather jacket is a safety issue. If you fall and skid down the highway on your back a denim jacket will melt and melting cotton leaves some serious burns. I'd buy leather pants too. You might scar the leather but you won't scar you!!

Your local dealer should have some if you care about the honda logo. If you don't care about a logo then try a cycle gear store or a Harley store.

I hate to promote McMotorcycle gear but it's a fact that Harley riders are mostly way over-sized. I'm sure you will find up to XXXXL gear at your local Harley superstore.

Joe Rocket is more big guy friendly. I would check out their website & also go try some on as well.

I am 6 foot 180 and had to buy a XXL. You will probally have to go to merchant and order or go online big guy.

http://www.tbirdsonline.com/

Find your size in thick leather. Pawn shops used to be good place to look.

BTW. : Cotton doesn't melt.

Im also a big guy. So i tried this one before years and am i ok since then.

http://www.moto-accessories.gr/products/mpoufan_an...