Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsBaseball · 1 decade ago

The Deadline for NY...???

has anyone heard any Yankee trade rumors. serious ones!... ?

Favorite Answer

I know the Yankees are still looking at relief pitcher Eric Gagne, they are also looking at Octavio Dotel of KC yet that may not happen because of what KC wants in return which I believe was Proctor. I know that the Yanks even put Damon feelers out to see if anyone was interested in him...

The yankees are currently looking to move Farnsworth and Proctor but teams that are interested in Farnsworth want the yanks to pay his 5 million dollar remainder for the season. They are interested in Gange but the Rangers want minor league top prospect pitchers or Melky Cabrera who the yankees are not willing to trade. I have heard that they are keeping Igawa to work over spring break and move into the rotation next season as a starter. If the Yankees were smart they would trade Jason Giambi and the two minor league pitchers for Mark Texiera and Eric Gange.

• T C H

The best I've known is that the Mariners is trying to get Kei Igawa, and the Yankees are trying to trade Farnsworth. Finally they have been trying to find bullpen, such as Gagne, and Dotel.

Well that's all I can think of.

Gagne a big rumor.

And man could they use him. They dont have anybody secure for the 8th. Procotor and Farnsworth are just to inconsistent for big games and Viscaino is more of 6 or 7th inning guy. Gagne could really help the yanks alot.

It has been unbelievably quite up to now but I believe things will start jumping very soon. No doubt the Yankees will be right in the middle of it all.

I heard they want Marl Loretta from the Astros for minor league prospects.

there trying to get rid of kei igawa but not much news from the yanks.

this is the best site for trade rumors