How many CPU manufacturers are out there?
I know about AMD and Intel, but are there other, lesser known manufacturers? Personally, I am a big fan of AMD, because of the lower clock speeds and higher bus speeds. I would like to find and try others, or at least research them.
- Anonymous1 decade agoFavorite Answer
1. AMD: Advanced Micro Devices - AMD is a global supplier of integrated circuits for the personal and networked computer and communications markets. AMD produces microprocessors, Flash memory devices, and support circuitry for communications and networking applications.
**** ************AMD IS THE BEST *****************
2. Centaur Technology - Centaur Technology was founded in 1995 with the then-revolutionary idea that a small team of microprocessor engineers could design an affordable x86 processor for the neglected sub-$1000 PC market. In six years, Centaur has succeeded by designing the world's smallest x86 processors, shipping six different parts, and consistently having the fastest design cycle in the industry.
3. Elbrus International - Russian microprocessor manufacturer - An advanced level of our projects was confirmed by USA patents and industrial production implemented: a general-purpose multi-processor computer based on a SPARC-compatible work station and a SPARC-compatible microprocessor.
4. Evergreen Technologies - CPU upgrade technology, processor upgrades and 1394 FireWire. CPU upgrade technology, processor upgrades and FireWire upgrades
5. IDT- Integrated Device Technology, Inc. - IDT offers a range of standalone and integrated communications processors and development tools. IDT targets the highest-growth communications market segments such as DSLAMs, residential gateways, SOHO routers and Ethernet switches.
6. Intel Corp. - Intel Corporation is the world's largest chip maker and leading manufacturer of personal computer, networking, and communications products.
7. National Semiconductor Corp - Geode - National Semiconductor's Geode family offers a wide range of silicon and system solutions for information appliances. The Geode GX1 processor, together with the Geode CS5530A I/O Companion provides a scalable, flexible, system solution for information appliances ranging from set-top boxes to hand-held personal
8. Rise Technology - Rise's proven CPU technology utilized in its SOC product family provides the low power consumption, high performance, and full x86 compatibility essential for Information Appliance solutions
9. SIS - Silicon Integrated Systems - Silicon Integrated Systems Corp. (SiS), founded in 1987, is located in the Hsinchu Science-based Industrial Park in northern Taiwan.SiS offers full range of 3C products including CPU, core logic 3D graphics, and connectivity for mainstream PC and networking applications.
10. ST Microelectronics - STMicroelectronics is a global independent semiconductor company that designs, develops, manufactures and markets a broad range of semiconductor integrated circuits (ICs) and discrete devices used in a wide variety of microelectronic applications, including telecommunications systems, computer systems, consumer products, automotive products and industrial automation and control systems.
11. Sandpile.org - The world's leading source for pure technical x86 processor information.
12. Texas Instruments - Texas Instruments Incorporated is the world leader in digital signal processing and analog technologies, the semiconductor engines of the Internet age. TI is a leader in the real-time technologies that help people communicate. We are moving fast to drive the Internet age forward with semiconductor solutions for large markets such as wireless and broadband access and for new emerging markets such as digital cameras and digital audio
13. Transmeta - Transmeta develops, in concert with OEM customers, platform solutions for the Mobile Internet Computing market. Transmeta's premier product line is the Crusoe smart processor for a new class of ultra-light mobile computers, and ultra-dense, low power servers.
14. ZF Micro Devices - ZF Micro Devices - manufacturer the ZFx86 System-on-a-Chip, LCD flat-panel touch-screen PCs, miniature PC-compatible OEM modules, and PC 104 and 5.25-inch single board computers.
**** Apple uses a Intel CPU
- Anonymous5 years ago
This Site Might Help You.
How many CPU manufacturers are out there?
I know about AMD and Intel, but are there other, lesser known manufacturers? Personally, I am a big fan of AMD, because of the lower clock speeds and higher bus speeds. I would like to find and try others, or at least research them.Source(s): cpu manufacturers there: https://tr.im/Ishwm
- FlorenceLv 44 years ago
For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/axl7x
IBM used to manufacture CPU's as did Tandy and Cyrix. IBM's CPU's were used in Apple Computers prior to the Intel Apple. Cyrx was eventually bought out by VIA, whom I believe make CPU's that are integrated in low end systems.
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- Anonymous1 decade ago
There is a third one. Apple.
I don't understand you comment about "lower clock speeds and higher bus speeds"
I don't like AMD because of the chip sets that are used with them. They tend not to be very stable.
I only use Intel Mother Boards with Intel CPU's. Been building them for years and no problems.
- Anonymous6 years ago
If you're looking at a processor, you need to compare its clock speed and the number of cores and other technologies it boasts like hyper threading.
When buying a gaming pc, compare ram, the graphics card memory and processor and price and go for the one with the highest numbers that fits your budget.
Processor suggestions here, ( if you have any questions ask the staff by contacting them):
Laptop and computer suggestions here, (for any questions, contact the staff):
- 1 decade ago
I think that they are the only two. And Intel is the best.