Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOther - Health · 1 decade ago

Psychedelic Drugs??

I've been listening to too much Pink Floyd.

I have been thinking about Psychedelic Drugs and I read about them and their effects. I have never given much thought to taking drugs before but now I kinda want to. I want to have a psychedelic experience. Does anyone think it's okay to take psychedelic drugs? Because I have been told for all my life that drugs a bad. Should I try it or not? What are the consequences? Could I die from taking them?

Favorite Answer

When it comes to psychedelic drugs, using too much, using it the wrong way, or using "bad" drugs, is what can kill you. If you want to experiment, do it safely. Make sure you have someone you trust with you that is not going to take drugs to have your back. Kind of like a designated driver. Luckily, psychedelics aren't very addictive. Here is a link to a site that has great information on drugs, their effects, how to take them safely, and their dangers. Because drugs are very dangerous, but so is life. Trying things is fine. But doing it on a regular basis is what can really mess you up.

http://www.fast-times.co.nz/

You CANNOT die from LSD. But you could kill yourself. I have never heard of an overdose of LSD. Also, LSD could change your life, in a positive or negative. I don't suggest dosing then going to a bar...... be with people you trust and know. I have had alot of fun with this drug, but the chance for a "bad trip" is high for a first time user. For your first time I suggest being with one other person (preferably experienced), and to be somewhere that you are familiar with, and no chance of interuptions. Should YOU try it? I don't know. Are you stable? Has anything bad happened to you recently? Got alot on your mind? If so, probably not, but who knows......it good be the best/worst time of your life. Good Luck.

Source(s): Read up like I did, and don't take any answers from Yahoo too seriously (even mine). RESEARCH.......... I like to know why my brain does this #$#%$%$#^$#^%#@%$#%%%#%#%@#%#%$###@@@@@@@@@_))_)_)__)_)_)_)_)

Yes, you can die from psychedelic drugs! Many young people in the 1960's did die from using them just once they went crazy and flew off roof tops and out of windows not fully in their own minds. Do you want that to happen to you? They are not nice things to play with. Stay away from them!

Robot Shoes, how little you know about Acid! It is a deadly drug, they did an extensive study on it and some of the participants never came out of their stupors. Do you want to give misinformation to another generation?

• R0G0

Doing it once is not going to kill you. I hate how people always believe what they are taught in school and by the government, have you thought they might be lying and making up bogus studies for these things? You won't get hooked on these types of drugs. They don't have addictive qualities to them. There are no known cases of someone overdosing on LSD. "it may temporarily impair the ability to make sensible judgments and understand common dangers" and a bad trip is the only thing I would worry about. You just need to have a good setting around you.

• Leafy

Like Pink Floyd?

Thinking about taking drugs?

Have you ever heard of Syd Barrett?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syd_barrett

And have you seen what too many drugs do to other music stars like, say, the Rolling Stone's drummer?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/7e...

Don't do it, man. Trip on music and music alone.

Do you know what LSD did to Syd Barrett?!?!?! I mean, if you really what that effect, just listen to Jefferson Airplanes.

The thing is, acid doesn't damage your brain that much, it's just that it can drive you mad. LSD (or was it PCP?) can result in recurring trips, after you've used it. And when you're on it, you have very little control of yourself and things just get really distorted. My friends told me of expierences where while on acid, swore someone was following them, and you can get really paranoid. thing is, you never know if you're gonna get a good trip or a bad one. Wanna risk it?

Yes, you could die from taking drugs, like LSD their are many cases where people take lsd or acid and go insane and kill themselves or other people and sometimes they are stuck insane for the rest of their life, so please don't do it, it's really not worth yours or someone else's life.

yes u ca die..or go crazy..u could have a bad trip or a good trip......

lol they're fun to me.

but i wouldn't do it in large quantities.

have fun but be careful as well.