Why does my Siamese cat hate Children?

I have a Siamese cat who hisses then runs and hides when any child or any small person approaches him. He is about 2 years old. My wife had a major surgery and we werent home for several weeks and had my father feed him. (He loves my father) When we returned he had a panic attack and would hide and trimble for... show more I have a Siamese cat who hisses then runs and hides when any child or any small person approaches him. He is about 2 years old.

My wife had a major surgery and we werent home for several weeks and had my father feed him. (He loves my father) When we returned he had a panic attack and would hide and trimble for days. When he finaly got over it he started displaying this behavior. When this happens if I try to go "rescue" him he will even hiss at me. He is now getting to the point were he wont run and hide imediately. He WILL stay around until they get too close.

He is VERY emotionally attached to me, follows me all around the house, cries when I leave sometimes, and always curls up in my lap and sleeps anytime I sit down.
He also sometimes sits on the back of the chair and licks my head.
We have another cat who is about 1 year old and they love each other. They have friendly play fights now and then but never hurt each other and very rarely make much noise while doing so.