Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkBeer, Wine & Spirits · 1 decade ago

Can anyone tell me is there any other beer like guinness which has the same color,thickness and taste?

Guinness Beer.

Favorite Answer

Kilkenny. Same colour & texture, similar taste. I don't know how widespread sales are, but a lot of pubs here in Sydney, Australia serve it. A few of my Irish drinking buddies prefer it to Guinness.

Source(s): Many years spent in Australian drinking establishments
  • dierks

Beers Like Guinness

Holy cow! There are some bad answers in this list. There are plenty of dark beers in the world and there are even a bunch of great stouts but Irish stouts are very different. I'm not Irish and I'm not a beer snob or anything like that but it's just a fact. An imperial stouts along with cream and oatmeal (90% of the ones out there) have a completely different flavor than an Irish. If you want a beer that has the same color/thickness/taste as Guinness you need to look *exclusively* at Irish/dry stouts. Try one of these:

Beamish Irish Stout

Murphy's Irish Stout

Black Hawk Stout

Old No 38 Stout

O'Hara's Celtic Stout

Orkney Dragonhead Stout

Goose Island Dublin Stout

Old Dominion Stout

Brooklyn Dry Stout

Fordham Genius Stout

Guinness is my favorite beer and I drink these others on occasion but other stout styles are too smoky/earthy for me.

• ?

Beer Similar To Guinness

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Guinness Beer.

Source(s): beer guinness color thickness taste: https://tinyurl.im/RYDVS
  • ?

I guess it depends on your location and the choices at the store and price range you are looking for. For good ole american beer I would drink Sam Adams lager if price is not a big deal. For a lighter beer I would drink Amstel Light. If you are on a budget I lean towards Miller genuine draft. Jimmy Buffets new beer called Land Shark is very good with a lime in it like corona. Hieneken is a good beer. Red Stripe from Jamaica is good for something a little different. Tsing tao is a good beer from the orient. One of my favorites in the summer is a 24 ounce "Steel Reserve" which carries a little more kick because it is a High Gravity beer and 8.1% Alcohol where most beers are around 5%. Locally it sells for $1.09 a can. 2 other off the top of my head would be St. Pauli girl or Becks. Those last two taste very similar to me. I hope this helps! I could give you a hundred more! The bottom line is there is a HUGE difference in the flavor and weight of different beers. You go from Coors light which to me is like Water to Guiness Stout which is a good heavy beer.

Nothing compares to a fresh Guinness straight from Ireland! If you have only had Guinness from the United States, then you are missing out. Guinness is brewed in over 50 countries but uses a Guinness Flavour Extract that is only produced in two locations in Ireland, Waterford and St. James gate in Dublin. The taste honestly varies by country, even throughout Europe you can not campare to that straight from Ireland.

About the closest you will find include Murphys Irish Stout, far inferior, and Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout, this is great beer, but expensive. Moosedrool as mentioned previously also has great dark roasted flavor but is not the same consistency as Guinness. Sprecker Black Bavarian Style Lager is also worth trying. Not Guinness but Excellent none the less.

Source(s): Long time beer drinker from WISCONSIN. Obsessed with worldwide microbrews especially in Wisconsin.
  • Gerry

The most appealing one that I have found is Yuengling Dark & Tan. Yuengling is America's Oldest Brewery - after moving to the East Coast a little over 2 years ago I discovered this beer and the taste of the Lager and the Dark and Tan is exceptional. The only difference on the Dark and Tan is that it is not as "thick" as Guiness; however, the flavor is a very good match.

Good question by the way and hope this helps!

There aren't many that taste exactly like it.. There are stouts that re easy to find and are delicious...

Young's Double Chocolate Stout - So good, So drinkable.

Founder's Breakfast Stout - Oooooo.... Chocolate Oatmeal

Founders Kentucky Breakfast - The standard stored in whiskey barrels for a few months.

Bell's Kalamazoo Stout - Truly a gift.

Source(s): Avid beer drinker and Collector. Respect Beer

Although its hard to compete with Guinness, Beamish Irish Stout is the closest I have found.