janie
janie asked in Computers & InternetSecurity · 1 decade ago

help hw can I remove all present and past folders and files related to spybot search & destroy including full?

and write protected files as I need to remove all traces of it before reinstalling as it is having a problem.

It keeps showing the same number of problems no matter how many scans I do and though it says they have been removed when I do fix selected problem's, they are bad the next scan..I have uninstalled and reinstalled three times but the same thing keeps happening.

Someone said this might help but can't sem to download it and also need to know how to remove all traces even write protected on my computer.

(where it says download this very small file..how do I download that) go here to see what I mean http://www.safer-networking.org/en/howto/uninstall...

please be sure to answer both how to download this box in the link and also how o remove all traces of the program including write protected ones which I cannot seem to delete.

This would be so helpful to get answered as going crazy trying to fix it.

the part I cannot get to download is at the link where it says download this very small fix

Favorite Answer

look spybot comes with two false positives that they want you to believe is there. ok now what are the rest of the files. if you shut windows firewall down because your using another one that's 2 more falso positives. most firewalls will disable windows when they install. and it appears on but it really isn't. ok now did you clean all your cookies and temp file's.

just because you ran a scan and deleted cookies doesn't mean it removed your cookies. you have to do that manualy.

so basically when you scan again your gonna get the same exact results as before.

tagasura or some crap is one of spybots false positives. trojan/cookie is which spybot says it is. doesn't even exist.

so look up top there click tools, internet options, delete cookies,delete files, look down on that box clear history, click apply click ok.

now run your scan again you will see about 2 false psoitives for sure. and maybe any reminent files it seem's to find. delete though's and don't worry about it unless it says trojan or virus. and i'm not talking about if it says cookie/trojan.

there is no such thing as a tagasura cookie/trojan.

please go back to download page and run your

curser over this very small fix and left click and

a box will appear.i think this is your only problem

as you are reinstalling.