Where do all the questions that are sumbitted but never appear on the category list go?

Do they go to Yahoo! Answers Heaven? (This place itself is Hell)
Update: No, I don't mean the ones that disappear because they are a violation... I mean when you post a question that appears in your Q's list, and that other people can answer and star, even though it doesn't show up on the category question page itself. Hope that makes sense!
Update 2: AAAAARRRRGGGHHH!

Sorry, sorry, no offence, I appreciate you're all trying to help. The fact is though that, no, I didn't post the q in the wrong subcategory. I've been here for a year, I understand how to post questions etc.
Update 3: Example: A few days ago, I posted a q about something in News and Events, in the Current Events subcategory. The question appeared in my list of q's, and was posted in the right place. When i answered other q's in that category, I could see my q was included in the 'other questions in Current... show more Example: A few days ago, I posted a q about something in News and Events, in the Current Events subcategory. The question appeared in my list of q's, and was posted in the right place. When i answered other q's in that category, I could see my q was included in the 'other questions in Current Events' list at the bottom of the answer page. However, the question I asked did not appear in the Category front page list, despite it definitely being in the right category. Other people could answer it and star it, it wasn't deleted, it just didn't show up on the main Current Events page.
Update 4: Had I posted the question in another category by accident, it would not have shown up in the shortlist of other open questions at the bottom of the page.
Update 5: If it had disappeared because it had been deleted, other wouldn't still be able to answer it.