Is there any way to break my cycle of recurring facial cysts?

The first time I had ever developed a cyst was last year in the fall/winter. It was on my left cheek, right where the cheek bone is. After several months, it finally went away. However, there is still discoloration where it used to be, and I can still feel the remnants of it where it used to be if I feel for... show more The first time I had ever developed a cyst was last year in the fall/winter. It was on my left cheek, right where the cheek bone is. After several months, it finally went away. However, there is still discoloration where it used to be, and I can still feel the remnants of it where it used to be if I feel for it.

Unfortunately, after a few months, a new cyst began forming a couple centimeters beneath the old one (or rather, where it used to be and where the discoloration is now). It is now full-blown and noticeable.

My question to y'all is this: I'm going to the dermatologist next Wednesday, so should I request for it to be surgically removed, or should I bring up cortisone? I've read that cysts are nothing more than a "thin sac of skin-like material containing a substance composed of skin secretions," according to the second edition of the Merck Manual. It also states that the "thin sac wall" must be removed *completely* or the cyst will grow back.
Update: Could that be the cause of this second cyst? Since the first one went away on its own without anything being removed (we went to the doctor too late; it had already begun to "heal" itself), could it have triggered my current one? Also, seeing as how I'm 17, is my "cystic acne" just linked to... show more Could that be the cause of this second cyst? Since the first one went away on its own without anything being removed (we went to the doctor too late; it had already begun to "heal" itself), could it have triggered my current one? Also, seeing as how I'm 17, is my "cystic acne" just linked to my adolescence, or will it follow me into adulthood and beyond?

Thank you all so much for your input/advice.