Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceTeaching · 1 decade ago

Which is a better certification, ARIA, or USDF certification? FOR RIDING INSTRUCTORS!?

I am 18 and getting ready to start seeking certification to teach riding. I've been teaching for about 2 1/2 years, but would like to be certified to do it!

3 Answers

  • MrsKat
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    Horseback Riding Instructor Certifications

    The following organizations currently are approved by ACA to certify instructors for camp horseback riding programs (standard PH-2). Links, contact information, and course titles are provided for your convenience. If you have a question about an organization that is not on the list, please contact the standards department at the ACA National Office.

    AAHS - American Association for Horsemanship Safety

    Drawer 39

    Fentress, TX 78622


    Fax- 512-488-2319

    Web Site:


    Certified Riding Instructor

    American Riding Instructors Association (ARIA)

    28801 Trenton Court

    Bonita Springs, FL 34134-3337

    Phone: 239-948-3232

    Fax: 239-948-5053


    Web site:

    Nationally Recognized Certification

    BHS - British Horse Society

    Stoneleigh Deer Park Kenilworth

    Warwickshire CV8 2XZ England


    Fax: 011-44-1926-707800

    Web site:

    CHA - Certified Horsemanship Association

    5318 Old Bullard Rd.

    Tyler, TX 75703

    800-399-0138 or 903-509-AHSE

    Fax: 903-509-2474


    Web site:

    "Level 1" or higher instructor certification

    CCHI - Christian Camping Horsemanship International

    P.O. Box 364

    Jewett, OH 43986


    Fax: 740-946-7661

    Web site:

    Equestrian Management Workshops

    1479 Coffman Bend Dr

    Climax Springs, MO 65324




    HSA - Horsemanship Safety Association, Inc.

    120 Ohio Avenue

    Madison, WI 53704


    Meredith Manor Int'l Equestrian Centre

    Rt. 1 Box E

    Waverly, WV 26184


    Web site:

    Instructor certification on 3 levels.

    NARHA - North American Riding for the Handicapped Association

    P.O. Box 33150

    Denver, CO 80233

    800-369-RIDE or 303-452-1212

    Fax: 303-252-4610

    Web site:

    "Registered," "Advanced," or "Master Instructor"

    USDF - United States Dressage Federation

    P.O. Box 6669

    Lincoln, NE 68506-0669


    Fax: 402-434-8570


    Web site:

    USPC - United States Pony Club

    4041 Iron Works Parkway

    Lexington, KY 40511


    Fax: 859-233-4652

    Web site:

    Doesn't specifically certify instructors. However, ACA accepts accept a 'AH' level pony clubber.

  • 6 years ago

    Complete an USDF preparing project.

    Select from an USDF preparing system at a nearby USDF preparing school. You can generally finish these projects in under 2 years. A few schools may even recompense you with a partner degree the whole time.

  • 1 decade ago

    Doesn't USDF stand for United States Dairy Farmers? It would also help if you added what you were teaching people to ride, horses?

    have a coolio day!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.