Can laptops play the Sims2 and/or Expansion packs?

Hi I am about to buy a laptop. I love playing the Sims 2 and Expansions, so I wanted to know before i buy the expansion packs or another Sims 2 game if whether or not I can play it on my laptop. I am thinkin about going for DELL laptops ( I KNOW U CANNOT PLAY THE SIMS 2 ON MAC LAPTOPS). I basically wanted to know if I was to buy a dell laptop ( NOT MAC FROM APPLE- I KNOW SOMEBODY WILL TELL ME ONLY ABOUT MAC LAPTOPS LOL) would I be able to play the Sims 2 on it?

Best Answer

Hey,

I have a laptop, its an IBM Lenovo. Not dell, and not Mac or Apple.

The Sims 2 works fine on my computer!

Although sometimes it shuts down saying theres a critical error in my grafic card, but it's never messed up my computer, so i just ignore it.

The only thing I can't do is use Sims 2 Body Shop.

I was reading around and I think it only has somehting to do with the IBM grafics card. So you should be alright if you get a dell.

In otherwords, Yeah it'll work fine!

Source(s): Own Experiance

It depends on the stats of the laptop. Go to the Sims website or look on wikipedia and find out what you need to run it, then get a laptop that has at least a decent video card in it. If it's a newer laptop that has any sort of claim towards decent gaming, it should be able to run the sims 2.... but probably not super well.

Yes, you should be able to play the Sims2 and the expansions on the laptop. As long as you meet the minimum system requirements that the game has. If it is a newer laptop then that should be no problem. It is a little strange getting used to playing with the touch pad but if you have a mouse you can plug into the usb port then it will be just like playing it on your desktop computer.

i think it will as long as u have the right type computer

Ex. if it calls for Windows 98 or a Macontosh..make sure tht the laptop is at least one of those..

Hope this helps!! Have fun playing!!

yes you will,mac is just really confusing and,not that great but dell ya it should work for sure =)