Where to live if you work at Duke?

I just received a position working a Duke University. I am wondering the best place for a 26 year old.

Favorite Answer

Durham is growing very quickly, and downtown Durham is starting to blow up. If you are into music Durham has a blooming music scene, and Chapel Hill and Raleigh are just minutes away; both of which have great music scenes. Durham has great shopping and art community, as do the other two towns in the triangle.

I would probably stay in Durham, and even consider buying a house there because with it growing so fast and the houses being so affordable you stand to make a lot of $$$.

Plus Durham has Loco Pops, which are delicious, and neither Raleigh nor Chapel Hill can boast that!

• Toots

Most likely somewhere in Durham, Chapel Hill or Cary. Unless you want lots of "night life"...then, opt for Raleigh...

You didn't specify if you were talking of a town to choose, or the names of apartments and condos...

Source(s): I am a NC native...born and bred..and still live here... I currently live near Wilmington, NC...

in North Carolina? i live close to there.

try one of the appartment's around the University.