how do I move taskbar/start menu back to bottom of screen? click & drag not working/ taskbar not locked.?

My brother was playing a game (golf) and I guess the taskbar was in the way. Somehow he moved it, but I can't get it back to the bottom of the screen where I like it. I get no results when I try to click & drag it back into place. I've checked the properties and it's not locked into place. Would appreciate any advice. Thanks.

Favorite Answer

Aloha from Down Unda!

Yeah, it's kinda tricky, huh?!! It must be understood that there are 3 areas in the taskbar:

~the START area

~the ICON shortcuts area &

~the TRAY clock area

The tricky part is finding that very very small clear part of the START area while leftclick & HOLDING cursor to drag & hesitate while the computer accepts the strange behaviour before releasing the mouse! It takes me more than one attempt anytime I try to incorporate that feature. Usually though, I keep mine on the left margin 'autohide'. 8o))

Best wishes ~ K-den Mike1

For Fix Taskbar, Contact http://www.windows-techsupport.com/

THEN... Once you have dragged the bar back to the bottom, you may want to right click on the bar and check "Lock the Taskbar". That will keep anyone from being able to accidently move it in the future.

press right click anywhere in icons area on taskbar and the some option will appear select properties and then small window will appear on screen go into taskbar location on screen and you can select bottom and then press apply and ok in the end of window.

RIGHT clcik and HOLD as you move your mouse to the bottom.