Are there any laws against trailers/mobile homes being parked in front of houses?

Imagine that one neighbor has a trailer/mobile home that they park in front of another neighbor's house on a suburban street. It IS a public street, but are there any laws for vehicles of such a large size? also, it is in Maryland (if that makes a difference). Thanks for help!!

also, any links related to this would be helpful

Favorite Answer

There may be an applicable Maryland statute. However, this is most likely a local zoning ordinance. If you live in a municipality, contact city hall and speak to the zoning department. If you live outside of a municipality, contact you board of county commissioners' zoning department. It's all probably on line, but without knowing exactly where you live, we can't tell you the right place to look.

• j2

check with local zoning. is this an rv or a trailer park type trailer. I have a bus almost as big as my house and a large boat behind my house there is nothing anyone can do about it. but my zoning office says anything in the back yard is OK as long as it not a health hazard. most anywhere has laws concerning park trailers if the wheels come off it's considered a permanent structure. of course my neighbor 3 houses down has a big 5th wheel too.

• r2mm

Different towns have different laws. Sometimes a subdivision will also have its own covenants which allow or disallow things like what can be parked in a street or yard. You should probably start with a call to your city hall. If you own your home, any covenants (but not city-wide ordinances) should be part of the closing documents.

Check with City Hall. If it is their own camp trailer, they most likely can park it there. A mobile home is QUITE different. A mobile home is considered a home and cannot be parked on the street.

I don't know if there are any laws against it, but it would be very disrespectful to do something like that. I personally would be pissed off if someone parked their mobile home in front of my house and took up all the parking space. I'd probably start doing the same thing in front of your house. My number one question would be, Why can't you park the mobile home in front of your house?

It depends where you live. There may or may not be an ordinance prohibiting it. Someone said to call City Hall and ask. That is probably the best thing to do. It may take hours to find anything on line that applies to your specific location, if it exists at all.

Don't know. Call the county. Montgomery is a lot stricter than Garrett. If they haven't been ticketed yet, then 1) police patrols are nonexistant, or 2) it is not illegal, or 3) verrry low priority.

You will have to check your local codes. Some neighborhoods allow them to be parked on your property or on the street. Other neighborhoods do not allow them on your property or on the street regardless of who owns them.

It depends on the ordinance of the town or city.