Someone at work is being kinda rude. Instead of suggesting things, she is pretty, bossy. I just started this?

job, and I need it. I know how to do my job, just learning a new area. I realize maybe she is trying to help in her own, rude way. It's how she talked to me that bothers me. I am doing well at the job,and want to get along. Should I tell her, hey, don't talk to me like that? She is not a boss. What would you do? Thank you for your input.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Sufi
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

you can't just say "hey don't talk to me that way" because as you realize, she probalby doesn't see that she's being rude. try something more like:

"when you say 'put it there right now' i feel concerned because i have a need for respectful treatment. would you be willing to say 'please' next time?"

describe the exact words and behavior that bother you, tell the impact (i feel hurt, i feel confused, i feel sad) then ask her if she would be willing to use different words (or tone).

you have to tell her, but not in a confrontational way. make it about your needs and how you need to be treated to feel happy and be productive at work.

• 1 decade ago

Try doing something nice for Her . If that doesn't work,

keep your friends close and your enemy's closer.

• Yvonne
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

just tell her. " Thank you, I got it from here but if I do need help maybe I can ask you for it. Otherwise I'm cool."

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.