Someone at work is being kinda rude. Instead of suggesting things, she is pretty, bossy. I just started this?

job, and I need it. I know how to do my job, just learning a new area. I realize maybe she is trying to help in her own, rude way. It's how she talked to me that bothers me. I am doing well at the job,and want to get along. Should I tell her, hey, don't talk to me like that? She is not a boss. What would you do? Thank you for your input.

• Sufi
    Favorite Answer

you can't just say "hey don't talk to me that way" because as you realize, she probalby doesn't see that she's being rude. try something more like:

"when you say 'put it there right now' i feel concerned because i have a need for respectful treatment. would you be willing to say 'please' next time?"

describe the exact words and behavior that bother you, tell the impact (i feel hurt, i feel confused, i feel sad) then ask her if she would be willing to use different words (or tone).

you have to tell her, but not in a confrontational way. make it about your needs and how you need to be treated to feel happy and be productive at work.

Try doing something nice for Her . If that doesn't work,

keep your friends close and your enemy's closer.

• Yvonne

just tell her. " Thank you, I got it from here but if I do need help maybe I can ask you for it. Otherwise I'm cool."