when will the rain stop in san antonio tx?

when will the rain stop in san antonio tx

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Adam
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

We have been getting slammed in Dallas too. Although it hasen't been too bad the last week or 2.

• 4 years ago

I lived in San Antonio in the early 60s. My niece lives there now. It has a good in between moisture level. If you are from El Paso, Arizona, New Mexico you might find San Antonio humid. If you are from Houston, deep East Texas, any of the southern states on the Gulf Coast, you will find San Antonio has a relatively dry climate. There is enough moisture for some greenery but not the lush greenery of the more humid rain filled areas. There is always a risk of flash floods there. Since it is somewhat a roving hilly area this can be a problem at the bottom of the hills. Actually San Antonio has a good southeast breeze. After dark in the summer, it will still be in the 90s but because of the lower humidities and that southeast breeze it is very comfortable. The same is true if you are in the shade during the summer. But if you stay out in that sun very long in the summer it can dehydratee you pretty fast. I went to San Antonio during Hurricane Ike. One day when the storm was out in the gulf they had a humid day. Then the storm went another direction and it was very dry and pleasant.

• 1 decade ago

This isn't the kind of answer that you are looking for but it is non the less what we have been through. In the 1990s we had sparse rain over all less than normal. To the point that I had to sell off cattle. About 2000 we had a little bit of rain and it looked like maybe we were going to rebound from the 90s. Then full blown drought ever since, each year a little worse than the year before. Medina Lake was down so much that it almost didn't even look much like a lake, now it is back up to almost the top of the dam, and a lot of water on the other side of the dam (spillway). There is an old adage, "If you don't like the weather just hang around for a few minutes and it will change." THIS IS TEXAS

• 1 decade ago

The first atmospheric disturbance that brought Texas and Oklahoma all the rain back in June and early July finally moved out of the area. It was trapped in place.

This new system of rain is simply unstable air that has a lot of gulf moisture to pull from. According to the National Weather Service, rain is expected through Sunday night, with the greatest chance for rain being Thursday and Friday.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

We are in a prime location for rain, it is amazing we have not had this kind of rain before. The gulf to the east and the pacific oceans hurricanes to the west, but I just watched the news and it is supposed to let up on Monday and we should start drying out.

• 1 decade ago

never... it seems like it has been raining forever. Rain is in the forcast through atleast next Monday. Happy Swimming.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Who knows! They said it would rain the rest of this week. It's turning into a swamp here!

• 1 decade ago

It is supposed to taper off on Monday, but then you never know with this pesty low hanging around the gulf..Everything is soggy and its starting to take a toll on the plants and rivers.

• MrsKat
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

When people stop driving past the barricades! I hate this rain!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Oh, I know! It is never going to end!!! I hope it does soon because I'm getting tired of staying inside all day at work with crazy kids!!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.