So what is the difference between dog fighting and shooting a deer in the face when you are hunting it??

Dog fighting is terrible......but is there a big difference between people shooting a innocent animal.

Actually when you think about it, there is no difference. They are both wrong. Most people do not eat deer they hang them on their wall so they can say " hey look at that buck I shot Im a big man now because I killed something with a gun" and actually deer do suffer when you shoot them, because most hunters don't kill them with the first shot...they have to track them for miles( which im sure the deer is not suffering during those 3 miles) then they cut the throat.

Best Answer

well.....first and foremost, I want to address your question as well as some of the things other people have said.... I have been shot and I have nearly starved... given the choice I say I would rather starve. Also that one guy talks about deer prancing and running free and making love..... sounds like someone needs to eject Bambi and get in touch with the real world. Also someone stated that one is legal, well deer hunting is only legal a portion of the year, and just a few months ago you could cockfight in the USA, just because something is legal doesn't make it right. "And I don't like to kill animals I would rather buy my meat at the market" you don't support the act but you support the product?? idiots! I have found a solution to all of this fuss.... we train deer to fight each other to the death, maybe put razor blades on their antlers, then when they die, everyone watching gets to cheer and chow down. Yeah and while were at it lets kill all the pit bulls too while were at it, then feed them to the homeless..... so I guess to answer your question, the difference is none. Humans kill animals for all types of enjoyment, whether it be satisfying your taste for venison, or satisfying your twisted perception of sport for profit. Yeah some people think animals are here for us to use.... and they are.... but cmon..... why not give a little back...... take a chicken to church!

Dog fighting is sadomasochistic. The more the animal suffers the better the show. Animals are bred in captivity and affection is withheld. They are social animals and this is akin to mental abuse. If the dogs don't perform well, they are often killed in painful, brutish ways. I don't care for deer hunting, but hunting is a natural activity in the wild. Deers are born wild and live natural lives. Without deer hunting, their populations would (and actually have) exploded to the point that they suffer starvation and are more likely to be plagued by disease. Since humans have done away with almost every natural predator that would normally hunt deer, hunters are actually needed. An ethical and skilled deer hunter shoots to kill with as little unnecessary pain as possible. Plus they can eat their kill or donate them to a program to feed the needy.

why the heck would you shoot a deer in the face? People eat deer, you gonna eat a dog? This is a ridiculous question and I am not a deer hunter. If you are talking about Michael Vick, he did alot more than just fight a couple of dogs.

ok dog fightin is extremely different than deer huntin. if you are train' dogs to fight each other til death and then bury it and do other ridiouly mean things to it now does that even fall into the same catorgorey as shootin a deer for eatin. honestly who is gonna eat a dog?????? who would eat a deer?? many people so you need to think bout that dumb question you just asked and get out of the city spend some time in the country!!!

You must be a city dwellar with no grasp on reality. Believe it or not, there are places in the US where there are still trees and nature. As an avid deer hunter, I take great offense to your comparison. My guess is you are about 17-22 with limited education. You believe we should survive on wind energy and grow our food "organically". Now, step out of the city and see what life is really all about before you speak of that which you do not know.

P.S. I do eat venison. My family lives on it for 6-8 months out of the year. Last time I checked, we weren't hillbillies, either.

Because the dogs suffer. If a deer is shot, it doesn't usually suffer long, if at all.

If people didn't hunt, then the deer would overpopulate and starve to death. I would prefer being shot to starving.

yes there is---the deer has a chance to run away if it hears u---a fighting dog is born and bred to fight they dont get a choice and they have no life other than running on a treadmill they get no love at all from the owner and then when the dog loses or is no longer viable he is electrocuted or shot or hung at least the deer gets to run free and make love and make its own decisions and it has a chance as small as it is its still a chance

There is no different in the two things here, it's still cruel to animals. I don't do dogfighting, i don't own a dog. And deer shooting i think it's not right, i don't like to take animals life, I'd rather go to the markets to buy my meat. But there are different between these 2 things. Dogfighting is a felony you can go to jail, and deer hunting is legal if you have license.So that's my take on this subject.

The main difference is that a dog is considered a typical family pet and a deer is not.

It is all wrong...however, at least they eat the deer....well most of the time. I am heart broken over the animal cruelty. I can't even think about it...it is disgusting