How was Mickey Mouse created.?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Mickey Mouse was born out of nesecity. Walt was broke and he had no cartoon. After his negotiations failed to get Oswald the Rabbitt's contract renewed, Walt headed back to LA. On that train ride he had an idea pop in his head. It was Mickey. Mickey Mouse was the first cartoon ever to whistle and talk. Steamboat Willie made its debute in late 1928. Walt had originaly called Mickey, Momitor Mouse. His wife pursuaded him to change it to Mickey. Walt did the voice for Mickey and drew him for many many years. Today the Walt Disney Company is a mult-billion dollar business. Just like Walt always said. "It was all started by a mouse."

Source(s): I have a DVD that tells about Walt's entire life
  • 1 decade ago

Mickey Mouse: Walt Disney's most famous character, made his screen debut on November 18, 1928, as star of the first sound cartoon, Steamboat Willie. Mickey Mouse was born in Walt Disney's imagination early in 1928 on a train ride from New York to Los Angeles. Walt was returning with his wife from a business meeting at which his cartoon creation, Oswald the Rabbit, had been wrestled from him by his financial backers. Only 26 at the time and with an active cartoon studio in Hollywood, Walt had gone east to arrange for a new contract and more money to improve the quality of his Oswald pictures. The moneymen declined, and since the character was copyrighted under their name, they took control of it. "So I was all alone and had nothing," Walt recalled later. "Mrs. Disney and I were coming back from New York on the train and I had to have something I could tell them. I've lost Oswald so, I had this mouse in the back of my head because a mouse is sort of a sympathetic character in spite of the fact that everybody's frightened of a mouse including myself" Walt spent the return train ride conjuring up a little mouse in red velvet pants and named him "Mortimer," but by the time the train screeched into the terminal station in Los Angeles, the new dream mouse had been rechristened. Walt's wife, Lillian, thought the name "Mortimer" was too pompous and suggested "Mickey." A star was born!

• 5 years ago

Was Mickey mouse drawn from a cow cartoon?

• 1 decade ago

fist he found a mouse in the garage which was where

he worked then he captured him and called him mickey which gave him the idea of the carton show steamboat willie

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Walt Disney had a mouse named "Mortimer" he made the cartoons but then changed the name to Mikey. such a sad fate for Mortimer.

Source(s): My Mom
  • 1 decade ago

walt disney drew mickey it was his first character.he named him something else first but he change it.

• 1 decade ago

You can get all the info right here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mickey_Mouse#Creation...

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

by a magical loaf of pumpernickle bread.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

someone drew him. lol

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.