Heating / Cooling fan stuck on High - 1999 Chrysler LHS?

The interior fan on my 1999 Chrysler LHS will not shut off. It only runs on high (when I shut it off, it actually goes FASTER).

I've replaced the temperature control unit (dash unit), but the fan will not react to the dial settings.

Anyone know where the problem might be?

Best Answer

I would definitely take a look at the blower motor resistor assembly and find out if it's shorted internally,bypassing the lower settings.It should be located on the bottom of the heater housing above the passenger's feet.

Unplug the HVAC head, if the blower motor stops replace the HVAC head.

If it keeps running unplug the BCM, if the blower motor stops replace the BCM.

If the blower motor keeps running check the blower motor control wire. Remove the RD/LG wire in cavity three of the blower module. If the blower keeps running replace the blower module.

If the blower stops running find the short in the blower motor control wire. The blower motor control wire is the RD/LG wire in cavity three of the blower motor control module and goes to the BCM C2 connector cavity six.

Source(s): chrysler star center

Did it do this before?

If not the dash control unit that you installed could be bad. That is the only thing that controls the fan. You might want to double check the installation I have installed before and hooked up wrong, unless its got the idiot proof connectors. If your sure you hooked it up right then it has to be the control unit.

Good Luck!

Could be a problem with the fan relay switch.