Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkOther - Food & Drink · 1 decade ago

Best Fish and Chip Shop?

Where is your favourite Fish and Chip Shop? I am currently researching a new book, where every Fish and Chip Shop in the country is starred and rated officially. The best and most detailed answer wins 10 points...

17 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The Brig Fish and Chip Shop in Dunfermline Scotland. They have the best fish, and the best chips, and they put lots of sauce on it when you ask. They also have an extensive menu of fried foods, like haggis, sausage, chicken, onions, mushrooms, and burgers. They also serve really fresh kebabs, like chicken and beef, that are cooked on the grill in front of you. They also make pizzas, and have pakoras, and donner meat as well. It is the best chippy in all of Dunfermline.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

There is a very good fish and chip shop in Lancaster on Church Street, St Leonard's Gate end.

There is always a queue which is a good sign, everything is cooked to order by an army of older women who have worked there for years.

You can sit down inside if you fancy. Find a table and one of the women will come and take your order. She will have no pad and go around all the tables asking what you want.

After about 10 mins the food arrives, piping hot and every order is correct.

It is basic, but very clean, and the prices are reasonable. It is what a traditional fish and chip shop should be.

• BIG D
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Actually, here in NW London the local paper does a yearly Best Chippie competition and the same place wins almost every year - Sea Pebbles in Hatch End. Although the Central fish Bar in Pinner and Skipjacks in Queensbury deserve it in my book.

Why not contact some of the Regional Newspaper publishers to help you compile your list.

And contact CAMRA to see if the Susan Nowak book on Good Pub Food lists any bars where Fish and Chips Rule.

A lot of pubs now do really good food and if you like a real ale or two. Oh. God now look what you've started..............................................

• 1 decade ago

Anstruther Chip Shop - Scotland, won 2nd prize in the best chip shops, when Prince Charles and Camilla were there recently Camilla stopped for one of the famous fish suppers

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 years ago

Johannesburg is the next largest town in Africa, with an increase of than 3 million persons calling that busy city house and if you intend to visit this amazing city then that hotelbye is the area to start. Johannesburg offers guests an experience as distinctive and diverse as the town itself. Whether you are on business, in search of a social experience, an adrenaline rush or simply just desire to curl up and relax for some times, the town of Johannesburg has everything you are looking for and more! In Johannesburg you can visit the Soweto (an abbreviation for South-western Townships) at 20 kilometres southwest of Johannesburg. This place offers visitors a trip to the heart of the struggle for flexibility and the birthplace of the battle for democracy.

• 1 decade ago

The best fish and chip shop in South Africa is the Anglers Corner in Northwold / Sundowner in northern Johannesburg, the owner Terry cares about the quality of his fish batter and oil and is a really great person to talk to....... this might not be what you are looking for....... so do an international version of your book lol !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

In england the best two I have come across are Stalham and Whyteleafe (think thats how you spell it)

You can tell they're good as people queue right around the shop and out the door and down the road.

The Stalham one is sooo reasonable to as you get so much for your money - we managed to feed 17 people for £25 and still have left overs coz we were full!

yumyum

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The Allanwater Cafe in Bridge of Allan is the best. Never had a bad meal out of it and it's sooooooo fresh and tasty. Chips are cooked just perfectly too

• Big R
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

The best I've ever had was on Fair Oaks Blvd. in Pasadena. But then again I'm an uncouth yank! What do I know about it.

You're all making me jealous! One of these days I'm going to England and try the real deal!

• 1 decade ago

Gotta be the one on Palmsten road in chatham, kent, they do the best. Nicely priced, quick service, never ever burnt or cold! And they just taste so perfect. Good luck with ya research. Oh and also they are very clean and serve with a smile : )

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.