Do people ocean-swim in the Gulf of Mexico off of the Texas coast?

I mean, can I find the place in Texas, where I could find an apartment not too far from the ocean? Is it warm for kids to swim? Are there sharks? Are there big waves? I mean ocean swim, very close to shore, not a swimming pool that I can attend at my university...

Favorite Answer

yes... people are allow to swim in the Gulf of Mexico.. it is salt water just as the oceans. There are sharks in the water but rarely do they come that close to the shore line where you and your children probably would be swimming. The water is warm in the summer, sometimes it is even hot! The waves are not real big meaning they wont go over your apartment building but they can go over your head easily. You will find apartments near the gulf and also a distance not to far from the gulf that will be a little cheaper in cost. The closer to the water the more expensive they will be.

Absolutely YES...

LOTS of places..

Galveston, Corpus Christi, Padre Island, Rockport, Freeport

etc. etc.

Not really any big waves in the gulf of mexico..