What is the best instrument to play to get a scholarship for any college?

I play trumpet right now and am going into 9th grade. I used to play piano and my mom and dad say I can only take lessons for one instrument. So I quit piano and have decided to take trumpet lessons. Was that a wise move for a college scholarship? Also, what would be the easiest instrument to get a scholarship... show more I play trumpet right now and am going into 9th grade. I used to play piano and my mom and dad say I can only take lessons for one instrument. So I quit piano and have decided to take trumpet lessons. Was that a wise move for a college scholarship? Also, what would be the easiest instrument to get a scholarship for. Besides something really REALLY BIG like the tube. I would think an unpopular instrument would be something I would want to look into to improve my chances of getting a scholarship to a college.