sunbutterfly8 asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

a.k.c. blue merle toy poodle ?

does anyone know where i can find a blue merle, thing is i want breeding rights also. i found some but without breeding rights at

www.blue-merle-poodle.com

Update:

i breed parti poodles also and people like the merle and parti poodles

if you don't thats fine but i d.n.a test my

dogs. and parti is not excepted in the u.s.a to breed but it is in canada so just wait the blue merle 's will be soon also.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

"Blue Merle" is NOT a recognized color for poodles, and should not be bred. The genetic mutation that causes Merle coloration is also linked to other genetic defects, so breeding these dogs can cause other problems, like deafness and blindness.

http://www.akc.org/breeds/poodle/index.cfm

"Color:

The coat is an even and solid color at the skin. In blues, grays, silvers, browns, cafe-au-laits, apricots and creams the coat may show varying shades of the same color. This is frequently present in the somewhat darker feathering of the ears and in the tipping of the ruff. While clear colors are definitely preferred, such natural variation in the shading of the coat is not to be considered a fault. Brown and cafe-au-lait Poodles have liver-colored noses, eye-rims and lips, dark toenails and dark amber eyes. Black, blue, gray, silver, cream and white Poodles have black noses, eye-rims and lips, black or self colored toenails and very dark eyes. In the apricots while the foregoing coloring is preferred, liver-colored noses, eye-rims and lips, and amber eyes are permitted but are not desirable. Major fault: color of nose, lips and eye-rims incomplete, or of wrong color for color of dog.

Parti-colored dogs shall be disqualified. The coat of a parti-colored dog is not an even solid color at the skin but is of two or more colors."

http://www.akc.org/breeds/poodle/color_markings.cf...

Source(s): ~vet tech
    • Heather
      Lv 7
      5 years agoReport

The disabilities occur only with double Merle dogs (when 2 merle dogs are bred). It does not occur when one merle dog is bred with a non-merle dog.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 3 years ago

Blue Merle Poodle

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Why would you want a merle Poodle? They are not accepted by AKC and to introduce the merle gene, they had to outcross to a different breed. In other words, a merle Poodle is a mixed breed dog. Furthermore, there are serious health and genetic issues with the merle gene. It is not something to fool around with if you don't know what you're doing.

• 4 years ago

Hi, I understand that you are looking for some advice or resources to help fully train your dog or fix behavior problems. If a professional dog trainer is not an option at this time, or if you want to trt training your dog on your own (a great way to bond), I'd suggest you https://biturl.im/aU8Db

A friend recommened it to me a few years ago, and I was amazed how quickly it worked, which is why I recommend it to others. The dog training academy also has as an excellent home training course.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

id have to agree with the other answers. the point of breeding is to better the breed, not to contribute to the already overpopulation of pets already. the merle gene has MANY health issues. this is why merle is not recognized by the akc. check your dogs characteristics on akc.org or better yet have someone impartial, like your vet recomend on breeding i have bets that he recomend spaying instead and that is sight unseen of course

good luck and dont forget to spaye

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

If you knew anything about breeding you wouldn't have to ask this question. Isn't there enough dogs in the world without you bringing in yet another litter ?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Please see my answer to your last question.

Source(s): Rescuer, vet tech, groomer and show exhibitor of Shetland sheepdogs for 20 years.
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.