Question about wireless DSL modems????

If i have 1 wireless DSL modem,is it possible to connect 2 computers to that modem and connect to the internet from both of computers with it or i have 2 buy separate modems for each computer??

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

U have to make sure both of the pc's have wireless adapters, either inside on a pce slot or external usb. Ur going to set up ur own little home network so both pc's can use the wireless router for internet access.

Source(s): been there and done that
  • 1 decade ago

One wireless DSL modem will do. Yes, you can connect both computers to the internet with this one modem. I'm guessing your desktop would be your gateway computer and a laptop would be your remote. Try the wireless network setup wizard in the control panel if you already have a wireless card in your laptop.

http://www.9dollarsolution.com/?hub=13466

• 1 decade ago

No. You need a wireless router for that. I would recommend ditching the wireless dsl modem, and gettting a regular modem, and a regular router. Or you could disable the wireless on the dsl modem, and get a router to do that instead.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

the wireless DSL modems most of the time come with four ethernet ports for wired connections and a wireless connection for as many computers as you want.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

if its wireless then its a modem and router combination. You can connect the other PCs wirelessly or use a wire to plug into ports 1,2,3 or 4.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.