Hehe Easy 2 points... or possibly 10 if you'relucky... ;)?

Am I the only one getting tired of those "Am I pretty" "Am I ugly" questions? I mean...get some self confidence! You're all beautiful no matter what!!!!!!!! ;] I'm tired of the mean answers some of the people put too. Any comments on this plague in the beauty & style section? lol

Favorite Answer

I think its funny. Girls just do it for attention because they have nothing better to do and people write mean things because again, they have nothing better to do. Then there are those who take y! answers far too seriously. I think everyone should lighten up, and the age restriction on this thing should be more thorough to avoid younger kids posting things and getting inappropriate answers. And no, I will NOT make a first day of school outfit for you!!!!!! haha

Suppose they can be rather wearing. How are we meant to know, we cant even see them. You are right, a dose of self confidence will do them the world of good. They are probably watching too much television and the images they are trying to protrait. After all beauty is only skin deep. If we all thought the same people were ugly and, the same people were beautiful, it would be a boring old world..

BEAUTY IS IN THE EYE OF THE BEHOLDER. They should all learn that saying

Its quite sad seems all the girls are like 12! they shouldnt be worrying about their looks and posting pics on the internet! I dont think they quite understand that once they are on the internet they are everywhere. And that this site is an international one! I mean i'm from New Zealand!

People posting nasty comments are often being honest then the people that have posted the pics get offended with the comments when they have asked for an "honest" opioion.

I just wish that people would find self confidence in themselves like you said or from thier friends who know them and thats what really makes a difference, being pretty or whatever to the people who know you and love you!

Thats my opinion on the matter anyways!

Good question

Ok these people need to build self confidence like you said. I think these people are just pathetic. Plus looking for trouble.What if some person saw their pic and then found them. You can track back to computers. I can't but nerds probably can. (sry if you can but u have t be wicked smart to) I'm just so sick of people saying "is my boyfriend ugly?...am I ugly?...who's prettier?" I hate those ?s. But it's an easy 2pts! So I answer them anyways.

i know!!! theres a jillion people saying "am i pretty?" or "am i ugly?" or "who's prettier?" and its driving me insane!

i think girls ask these questions because they feel like if they aren't beautiful then people won't like them. they don't understand that real beauty is on the inside!!

and the people that answer are really mean sometimes too. when a girl asks this question its obvious that shes insecure and giving a mean answer will only make her feel worse.

yeah, nuthin else to say.

i like the questions...those are actually my favorite ones to answer because i love seeing how other people here look and dress from all over the world and the country...i find it interesting...i also really enjoy seeing peoples' different hairstyles, eyecolors, makeup ideas, clothing, etc.

what i can't stand is when people say that someone is ugly or something and doesn't give any realistic suggestions on how that person can look better.

personally, i post those kinds of questions myself because i feel that people will be more honest with me on yahoo answers rather than my friends and family. I also like getting more opinions that one or so...=]

they're sooo obnoxious.

i've figured out there motives thoughh:

1. too much self confidence and they're just looking for more compliments.

2. not enough self confidence and they think that someone saying that they're pretty over the internet is going to help.

and if they are looking to boost there confidence, i don't understand why people have to be soo cruel about it.

I mostly agree with you...But some people have a really bad self-image. They may have possibly been ridiculed or teased about their weight or looks by jealous people or bullies, so for most of their life they've probably been wondering, "am i really ugly?" "am i really fat?". And no matter how many times someone says "you're so gorgeous" and "you're so skinny", it doesn't matter, because they will always remember what people said to them. It's hard to get over...This boy I had a major crush on in fifith grade called me fat once, and that really hurt me. I'm actually not overweight...I'm average-weight, completely healthy, and 'so pretty' (as my friends say) and both my friends, family, and doctor have told me so many times! So many people have told me I'm beautiful, 'lucky to have such clear skin', and that I 'have the most extroardinary natural hair-color' (lol), but I still don't feel as confident as I could because in the back of my mind I hear that guy I really liked telling me, "you're fat" as a child. Point is, it's a tough thing to get over and people want to know the public's view/impression of them. Some people think, "my friends and family HAVE to say that about me! but what do strangers REALLY think I look like?" and they need validation of their own good looks. In my perspective, America (and most of the world for that matter!) has become too obsessed with material things and superficial things like being anorexically skinny and beautiful so that they can "look like a supermodel", who is, in reality, air-brushed! Our society is MUCH too focused on the outside of things; aren't we all supposed to look the same on the inside? So aren't we all really beautiful? Thanks for bringing up a really good question..lol...and sorry if I got "too deep"; I can get carried away sometimes! :D

Source(s): I'm only 13, and proud of it!

I agree; who needs other people's opinion? I say grow some self-esteem! Beauty is what you make it. I don't need someone's opinion to justify my attractiveness! All that matters is my happiness!

Source(s): A diva with who needs to tape her mouth shut. ^_~

yea i guess i am a little tired but i guess thats the whole point of YAHOO! ANSWERS.....people are so insecure that they need people to reasure them differently....and others are just mean

I always think they are just anting someone to bulid them up when they post those questions.Sometimes they comment meanly or something but these people (mostly girls) are wanting someone to say yes you are beautiful.