Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

mchasek asked in TravelCanadaMontreal · 1 decade ago

things to do in montreal?

hey I'm going to montreal with my cousin for 5 days in a few weeks! were staying at the youth hostel.. what is there to do at night.... im 16 and he is 18 is there teen clubs or things in that nature? also is the drinking age 18

thanks

• Lolita
    Favorite Answer

Are you kidding?!?

The list is endless!

The Just For Laughs Comedy Festival is on right now and after that The International Film Festival will be in town so watch out for that too!

P.S. Yes, you do have to be eighteen (18) to drink in Canada but not to enter La Ronde - Six Flags, lol! Where are you coming from, if you don't mind me asking?

Sadly 18 is the drinking age (I'm from Montreal and I'm currently 17). I'll be up there this weekend. Some things i really enjoy doing are shopping on St. Catherine street. They've got this great store Simmons and also things like urban outfitters. I also like to check what kind of concerts are going on not just at the bell center but smaller bands in clubs. Usually you can find things through Ticketmaster. Old Montreal is also a pretty cool place to hang out during the day. And La Ronde is Okay. and if all else fails just walk around and enjoy all the old buildings :-) Hopefully you have a good time!

Source(s): www.ticketmaster.com

Yes the drinking age is 18 and there is a ton of things to do at night. Check out these streets: Ste Catherine and Peel. During the day check out the park...it is massive but beautiful, it was designed by the same person that designed Central Park in NYC. The Oratory of Ste Joseph is a very cool site to check out. There are concerts at the Bell Centre and Olympique Stadium. La Ronde is a great theme park that has some really good roller coasters and fireworks in the summer.

Montreal is a lot of fun and there is a ton to do there.

Yes, the drinking age is 18. During the day you could visit the Old Port where there are lots of stores adn shops. For bars, there's one where a lot of people like to hang out, it's called Madhatters.. it's more of a pub, but with good service. There's also the Hard Rock Cafe in the heart of Montreal. At night the best clubs in MTL are at Crescent Street; check it out.

Source(s): A Montrealer