SAAB 9-3 Aero Convertible or BMW 325Ci Sport?

I have the choice of a SAAB 9-3 Aero Convertible or a BMW 325Ci Sport both are 2005. I can't decide! Help!

Best Answer

Get the BMW. I can't stand them for their wideboy image, but the Saab will give you niggly mechanical headaches, handle terrible round corners and start squeaking inexplicably after about 50000 miles.

No chance of that with the BM - they are practically bombproof and handle superbly.

• Linda

I bought a 2006 9-3 20T program car in showroom condition. I couldn't tell the difference in features from the 2007, other than about $4,000. I love the ride, interior, acceleration and appearance. I hate that the integrated blue tooth does not work fully with U.S. phones. If you cannot use a button it should not be on the steering wheel. For 2008 it is supposed to be fully integrated. There was 0% financing through gm a few months back, and a 100,000 mile warranty. They offer free major service up to 60k I think. That's belt adjustments filter changes etc. Oil changes they say are not necessary often, for some reason. I changed mine at 13,600 (bought it with 9,000) and the oil change shop said the oil looked very degraded - most likely because of the H.O. turbo. I had a list of things I wanted when I was shopping for a car. AWD being one of them. I drove the SAAB and created a new list primarily built around fun. I have my high speed warning sound set at 100mph. At 90 it always seemed to be going off. This car feels super fast. I'm not sure how fast it is on paper, but damn. And this is the 4 cylinder. I drove the Aero and couldn't tell the difference, except for a slightly choppier ride with the lower suspension and 17" rims. Other than that my 2.0T had more options than the Aero I compared it to. Before you get the new one, compare the two levels. Some features like the 6 cylinder may not be a great advantage for the price. Most others are available on both models, like the awesome cold weather package... Hope this helps.

• Huge

In value they are about the same, in class also. However, in my view the BMW has a much better engine and as long as it has a full service history that would be the one I would go for. The Saabs are good but the engine is a bit course by comparison.

Definitely the BMW.

Source(s): Current family cars include a 9-3 Aero and a 330Ci Convertible...

BMW...No contest!

Gearbox just gone on my saab 95 at 69,000 miles with full service history.

SAAB any day, a class car, BMW a little bit tacky.

depends, do you want to drive round with the roof down on your saab with people calling you "tosser" or, do you want to drive round in a bmw with people calling you a prick. its up to you. dont know what you currently drive but its got to be better than these to options.

BMW BMW BMW BMW BMW BMW

BMW