Slow dial-up internet connection - bad phone line?

My internet connection at home as slowed to a crawl since the phone company worked on the line a month ago. They won't send out a tech because I can still make voice calls. Any suggestions? Yes, I have the latest spyware,AV installed. It's the same on all 3 of my computers. Highest speed is 26k when you... show more My internet connection at home as slowed to a crawl since the phone company worked on the line a month ago. They won't send out a tech because I can still make voice calls. Any suggestions?

Yes, I have the latest spyware,AV installed. It's the same on all 3 of my computers. Highest speed is 26k when you are lucky. Many times it's well below that. I used to be able to have two computers networked and online at the same time. The only other option in my area is satellite internet because I live in the middle of the middle of nowhere. I really don't have the money for that right now. (Am doing this from work as I can't do yahoo answers from home. :( )