MB asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 decade ago

What are some low-fat/no-fat recipes for snacks or meals? I need a variety so I don't get bored!?

The diet I am on really focuses on low fat, rather than low calorie. I am trying to find snacks that keep me from being bored and able to stay on the diet. Thank you so much!

Favorite Answer

zero point soup

2/3 cup sliced carrot

1/2 cup sliced onion

2 garlic cloves, minced

3 cups fat free broth

1.5 cups diced green cabbage

1/2 cup fresh green beans

1 TBS tomato paste

1/2 tsp dried basil

1/4 tsp dried oregano

1/4 tsp salt

1/2 cup diced zucchini

In large saucepan, sprayed with nonstick spray, saute carrot, onion, and garlic over low heat until softened, about 5 minutes.

Add broth, cabbage, beans, tomato paste, basil, oregano and salt.

Bring to boil.

Lower heat and simmer covered about 15 minutes or until green beans are tender.

Stir in zucchini and heat 3-4 minutes.

Serve hot.

No Guilt Chicken Pot Pie Recipe

The Recipe Login to add this recipe to your cookbook.

1 can Fat Free Cream of Chicken Soup

1 - 9 oz. pkg. frozen mixed vegetables, thawed

1 cup cubed cooked chicken or turkey

1/2 cup milk

1 egg

1 cup Bisquick Reduced Fat Baking Mix

Preheat the oven to 400°F. In a 9" pie plate, mix the soup, vegetables and chicken. In a bowl, combine the milk, egg and baking mix. Pour over the chicken mixture. Bake for 30 minutes until golden. Serves 4.

Have you tried a GI diet cookbook? The best one is 'Living the GI Diet' by Rick Gallop. These are all based on no fat recipes which are low GI therefore work on a slow release basis ie; you stay fuller for longer. I've found them great for snacks and main meals throughout the day and they really are a tasty alternative - even the kids love them and love to help cook them. Some examples are Cranberry Bran Muffins, Apple Pie Cookies, Wholemeal Scones etc. I guarantee you wont be bored and feel like you are eating 'real food' but without the calorie or fat content!

I am on a WW (weight watchers) diet which encourages not only low fat but low carb as well. I like low fat cheese snacks like string cheese. The fat free varieties taste nothing like 'real' cheese but the low fat versions are actually quite good. Find a low fat flat bread like 'Flat-Out' which is available at Walmart (in SE USA at least) and other stores. I put hummus or some mustard and low fat ham or chicken with lettuce and tomato. Also look for the 94% Fat Free popcorn in the small snack bags. That is really good and has lots of fiber. Other sweets include Kashi bars, Fiber One bars, gingersnaps, pretzels, baked lays potato chips. I would encourage you to eat LOTS of fruit and veggies, too. Good luck and healthy eating!!

• ?

Plenty: Mr. George Foreman's Grill is a top notch way to cook healthy lean meat. Really does take a lot of the fat away. Try this one out: Ingredients: 1 breast of chicken cut into smaller cubes 1/4 chopped onion (not finely chopped) some cilantro soy sauce Directions: -Take the chicken cubes and place them onto a hot george foreman grill shutting the grill on top of the pieces. (the grill should be hot). -after 3 minutes, open the grill and add to that the onions you chopped earlier. Shut the grill - cook for an additional one minute. - take the chicken out and put in a vessel, (preferably a bowl). - Add soy sauce to this (similar to yakitori with a twist though). - garnish with cilantro Voila..a great snack

Fat Free Jello. It's easy, cheap, and comes in a variety of flavors!

Ingrdients: Chicken breast, diced tomatoes, white low fat cheese of choice, diced green onion and seasonings

1.thin out a chicken breat by pounding it

2.Season it with your favorite seasonign... I like lemon pepper and parseley

3. On a piece of foil put your chicken breat

4. put in in the broiler for about 20 minutes

5. take the chicke out of the broiler and dice tomatoe and onions on top of chicken then add cheese(I like parmesan or provalone) on top of tomatoes and onions and put back into the oven until the cheese melts and starts to get a little bit of color.

Serve with wild rice or wheat pasta and salad.

try some of my recipes on my website

www.freewebs.com/snl79ohio

I have weightwatcher recipes, vegan recipes, and all kinds of healthy recipes