Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Paul Winchell was the voice of what two dummies in the '50's?

He was the voice for Disney's Tigger, and Papa Smurf, as well as other famous cartoon characters.

He is also credited as a co-inventor of the artificial heart

Update:

B.Perky, So am I...

...well, not that old. I'm 49 yrs young, "and this is a bow-flex body"

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Jerry Mahoney and Knucklehead Smith were his two main dummy he had on his TV show. He also portrayed Knucklehead's father and sister , Bonehead and Effie

He was the voice of Hanna Barbera's Dick Dastardly from Wacky Races and Marmaduke on the Heathcliff show

Source(s): Winch: Paul Winchell's Biography http://us.imdb.com/name/nm0934593/
  • 1 decade ago

His dummy sidekick was Jerry Mahoney. I recall that he had another dummy, akin to Edgar Bergen's (father of Candace) Mortimer Snerd. But I forget the name.

I think Winchell was inventor or co-invertor of an artificial heart valve, not an artificial heart.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Jerry Mahoney and Mortimer Snurd, there were others

I never hear the Heart Thing

• 1 decade ago

Jerry Mahoney and Knucklehead Smiff. He also portrayed Knucklehead's father, Bonehead.

Source(s): I'm old.
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.