Can a person hack into your computer even though you unplug the telephone line from your computer/modem?

can a person still hack into your computer even if you dont have internet? or if you have the internet and u unplug the telephone line from your modem?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Hackers monitor your traffic to and from first, and examine the packets. Sometimes this takes time. When they hack, it's when your computer is on and connected to the internet that they gather the information.

If it's off, they can't at that particular time.

If it's disconnected, they can't at that particular time.

It's during the time that you are online that you have to be concerned with. That is also why safe web surfing, not exposing too much information and all the malware protection is important - like anti-virus, spyware, adware, and such.

So no they cant - it's safe if it's off or disconnected AT THAT TIME.

Hope That Helped!

Bri Vahling

Certified IT Tech

strangelionness@yahoo.com

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

If your system is already having a virus/worm then the damage's already done.If the virus was to delete files or something,it can do it even if you're not connected.IF the virus are to send some information to someone else about stuff on your PC,the next time you connect,the person can get the info he needs from your system. Please use linux and get rid of computer viruses.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

no. your pc can not be accessed while your internet is disconnected. however if a irus was already installed it can still work without the internet. its just that nobody will have access or access to the data. if you do contract a virus it is a good idea to disconnect the net and run a virus scan. so the answer to your question is no. ^_^. happy computing.

• 1 decade ago

Nope,

There has to be a medium (ie internet connection via dialup, cable, dsl or satellite) for a hacker to access your computer. Hope this brings some peace to you.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

I am a computer scientist/ software engineer. No there is no way they can hack into your computer if it is not connected to some network. The only way possible is if they physically broke into your home and hacked into it.

Source(s): myself.
  • 1 decade ago

NO. By the way, u can get DSL from at&t for $14.99 monthly, kick the dialup out the door. I use at&t dsl, download speed 6mbs. and 768kbs upload for $34.99 monthly. I never disconnect from the internet, I just turn off my pc.

Source(s): been there and done that
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I don't think so.

• 1 decade ago

No.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.