Acne????????

How can I get rid of acne? Don't say proactiv, clearisil, or anything like that. I've tried those and they don't work.

Best Answer

I used to have an acute case of acne when I was younger for many years; it covered

my face, back, chest and posterior. I eventually healed myself without the use of

drugs. I cured myself through DIET.

-This is what you should ELIMINATE!!! quit eating eating it:

fried foods

White bread/flour

starch combinations during the same meal (e.g. potatoes and pasta)

soda/carbonated drinks

sugar/corn syrup

meat/dairy

soft foods (processed foods)

hydrogenated oils (in processed foods)

fast food

(my sister had eczema for a # of years; and I also told her to change her diet, but

she wouldn't listen. eventually, she took a massage course and it talked about the

importance of diet, so she just tried quiting fast food and soda, when she did

that, her eczema cleared up. now she listens to my advice.)

-you should increase your intake of:

fruits/vegetables, preferably organic (you should have a salad a day, at the least)

8 glasses of water a day

whole foods

black and/or brown bread (whole grains)

nuts

-you should have a balance, of 80% alkaline (mostly FRESH fruits and vegetables)

forming foods, to 20% acid forming foods.

going vegetarian/vegan/raw foodist would help. it helps set strict goals and rules

to follow. I had to adhere to these rules strictly, but mine was a severe case.

eating this way comes naturally to me now.

-----

Basically, your eliminations are poor/sluggish; thats is why some people can get

away with eating badly, but you may not. The reason changing your diet to the foods

below will help is because your eating foods that are much easier to digest and

elminate than those above. exercising will help, also.

I would check out Edgar Cayce; without his advice I would probably still suffer

today.

He also said you can help yourself through exercise and osteopathic adjustments to

your spine, he said this can create imbalances in your nervous system (if it isn't

in proper adjustment) which will affect everything else. I haven't done this yet,

as it is expensive; but I assume when I do, I will be able to better digest the

aforementioned foods. Through DIET ALONE I have been cured for a number of years.

Don't believe the people who say it doesn't effect it, I swear to god this will

help. It helped me. =) good luck!

Just so others are aware, I'm copy/pasting this to others, so they can get advice,

because I have been there. i'm not selling or advertising for anyone or anything,

i'm not spamming. don't think that, if you see this advice elsewhere.

1

Source(s): 7 Days Acne Cure : http://AcneAway.raiwi.com/?TQrj

Its how you use it. I understand how you feel. I used to have moderate to severe acne. Now i hardly get them. Theres no way to completely stop them but with consistence you can get it under control.

I do use clearasil 3-in-1 deep cleanser..but the main thing here is not the brand. Its what it contains. In this case, you can look for anything that has salicylic acid. A cleanser with salicyclic acid will clear out the blockage in the pores.

But thats not enough. Now that the pores are clean...you need something to penetrate it and kill the bacteria. The best is benzoyl peroxide. Any brand will do but always go for the lowest 2.5%. It works better than higher doses with less irritation. The brand i use is Benzac. Its a big tube for less money.

So this is how i do it. Cleanse. Make sure you do it very gently but thoroughly. Dry off your face completely. Apply a thin layer of benzoyl peroxide, covering the affected areas. Spot on treatment does NOT work. trust me!

Let it dry completely than apply a very light moisturiser.

Use the BP once a day for the first few weeks and then twice a day. At first, you might experience redness, peeling and such but it gets better over time. Do this for 3 months...the acne clears beautifully. And stick to this regimen to stay clear. Even if you do get a pimple now and then...you will find that it clears very quickly.

I hope you find this useful. Goodluck to you

• .

The very best thing in the world to get rid of acne is keeping your face really, really clean. Go get some Dove soap. Make the water warm, lather up a wash cloth, and wash your face really well about six times a day. No makeup, unless it is Bare Minerals (bareminerals.com). I think all that crap they sell to get rid of acne is just a money making scam. You have to have very clean skin to keep it clear.

If topical treatments aren't working, diet is a huge factor to consider, as some of the previous responses state.

Dairy is actually a big culprit for many people, especially milk, since it has not gone through processing (such as being made into cheese etc) . This is because close to 95% of all milk available in stores came from cows who were pregnant. This means that there are hormones present in the milk, such as progesterone, that many people are sensitive to, and can be the cause of acne that doesn't seem to respond to other treatments. This is present even in organic milk, since it is not added hormones, but simply hormones produced by the cow. Also making sure to eat lots of fruits and vegetables ensures that you are receiving adequate vitamins, since vitamins obtained from whole foods are utilized by your body far better than those from a supplement. For example, you need to have adequate vitamin C in order for your body to heal and produce the collagen needed to rebuild skin when your acne does heal, and all of the other vitamins play important roles in healing and proper cellular function. So, if you drink milk and eat dairy, try eliminating it from your diet and you will see noticeable results in just a few days if that is indeed a cause for your acne (make sure you are getting calcium from an alternate source still).

• ?

This is what I do and I have okay skin. i totally know what u are talking about, it sucks.

Morning- In the shower wash face with cloth and use Dove soap. Apply Cetephil or another lotion once you get out of the shower. Don’t wear makeup.

Day Time- Drink a lot of water, don’t eat greasy foods & don’t touch your face.

Before Bed- Wash face with hot water to open up pores. Use St.Ives Clear Pore liquid face soap for oily/blemish prone skin. At Wal-Mart for about $4. Use Clean&Clear Invisible Blemish Treatment for just on the zits. It is shiny so put it on ONLY before bed. It works good on zits. Another good zit cure is to crush up an Aspirin and a little bit of water so it will stick on your face, put a band aid over it. Then go to sleep.

Also once a weak I make a facial (Sundays before school starts, so relaxing)

½ a cup rolled oats

2 tablespoons of water or milk

1 tablespoon of Honey

Mix together until it’s a paste (Kind of like normal Oatmeal) Apply to your WHOLE face, wait until it sets then remove.

Hope this works & good luck with your skin.

• Lisa

Visit a skin specialist or dermatologist. Some Acne is caused by hormone activity. Some from dietary reasons. If you get a correct diagnosis, you will be able to treat it effectively and not spend money on potions that have not been successful for you.

Best of luck

Lisa

SEVERE ACNE PROBLEMS torment many teens as well as older men and women. In short, it attacks at no particular time. Don't wait ACNE to ruin your world! There are many treatments available, some of which may come as a surprise to you. If you have been wanting to research different treatment options, I believe http://www.skinsosilky.com/acne-skin-care.htm will work best for you. Try now and you'll see the difference!

I use Neutrogena Acne Stess Acne Control. It cleans your pores, and depending on how bad the break out is, it should work a little at a time. When I get Acne, or if I have one or two, I put alchol on the, but it dose not work as fast as other things, I usually just use Neutrogena Acne Stress Acne Control.

here is my suggestion....

first make sure that you are taking a really good whole food supplement (Alive, is a good one and inexpensive from the health food store)....also as part of your supplements take a Flax seed oil (also found at the health food store). drink lots of water.. your skin is the largest organ in the body...what happens on your skin is a reflection of what is going on in the inside....so take care of the inside... if you have a lot of toxins in your body or are eating an excessive amount of inflammatory foods it will show on your skin..... a VERY good book that i recommend is "Clear Skin Perscription" by Dr. Perricone (its about $15 at any bookstore)... trust me it works. i partially followed his plan and could tell a difference in just a couple of days. When i say "partially follwed his plan" i followed it for lunch and breakfast. i looked better and felt better. Also Tea Trea oil is excellent for acne...cleanses the skin from bacteria...a very good antiseptic (you can also get this from a vitamin/health food store.

don't over wash your face like one person on here suggested 6x's a day...that is excessive and can actually cause more breakouts.... Cetaphyl is a good face wash and lotion...because it doesn't have dyes and chemicals in it...well, i think i've give you all of my knowledge or at least most of it...Good luck...