Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentOther - Politics & Government · 1 decade ago

What do you think of "Made In China" products?

Would you buy "Made In China" products, despite the bad press it's been getting lately (food poisoning, dental products, and now...flipflops)

http://www.lamanaphotography.com/walmart.htm

Favorite Answer

Sometimes we don't have a choice these days. But I'll definitely try to avoid buying slave labor goods. There should be tarrifs on these imports--then they won't be so cheap and we can start to have an American manufacturing/production economy again.

I would not buy any food or medicine made in China but many other products are fine. China is in the midst of their Industrial Revolution. Consumer products made in America during our Industrial Revolution and before government safety regulations were no better. American businesses put sawdust in bread, chalk in water to imitate milk etc. The Chinese product safety scandal has only proven that they are no better than us or no worse.

I would still buy the products "Made in China" Those incidents happen now and then, and not only from from products made in China. There are things that made in the US that have some defects too. Such as car tires, medicines, crops, meats, etc. We are humans and humans do make mistake.

I think "Made in China" products are not good...but everybody is needing to buy them everyday. Of course, people must be very carefull about foods...some "Made In China " Products could be dangerous for the health.

It depends on what Im buying. Like if it is a tool for work I will buy a Snap On or Craftsman or something quality made. But a pipe wrench that I use twice a decade the China one will do.

Heres what I think. Products that say "made in China" were probably made in China.

• Yank

People, friends, gave me things, and give me things still that were made in China, but I buy only things union made in the USA and Canada, except English tea, Irish and Dutch beer, and Italian pasta.

I never buy anything made outside the U.S. unless it's just not made here.

I never buy any food products from anywhere except in the U.S. My one exception is a line of ethnic foods made in England and Spain. I will buy grapes from South America because I don't buy California grapes...haven't for years.

I do NOT buy items made in China...period. I can do without them.

I'm with you on the tarrifs DumDum. Free trade is a major cause of many of the problems we're having in North America.

When I see "made in china" the first thing that i think of is that "damn, this is made in china"