criminal damage to car parked on drive?

Will you be covered by comprehensive insurance if someone scraches & damages your car with a screwdriver whilst standing on driveway

10 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

    Yes its still classed as a criminal offence, report it to the police who will give you an incident number, if you wish to claim on your insurance call them explaining the details to them provide them with the incident number. But be prepared to pay your excess (varies on age / company) or you may find it cheaper to have the repairs done yourself with a bodyshop garage.

  • 4 years ago


    Source(s): Criminal Records Search Database -
  • 1 decade ago

    Laws vary state to state but most auto policies cover vandalism to your vehicle if you have comprehensive or other than collision coverage. It does not matter where the vehicle is located when this happens as long as you did not intend for the damages to happen. Intentional acts of the insured are excluded.

    Depending on your insurer your premium may or may not increase. Some companies don't increase your rates when you file a comprehensive claim.

    Call your agent. They should be able to give you the specific answers you need.

    Source(s): Insurance Agent
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    No doubt your comprehensive insurance pays for it. Vandalism is a menace and is aptly recognized by all car insurance companies.


  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • JB
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

    yes definately. if you have comprehensive insurance, then any damage to your car is covered by your policy regardless of the location.

  • 1 decade ago

    yep depends on the exact cover.. have to read the small print, might boost up ya premium + u might have to pay an excess.

    i'm 3rd party F&F.. some **** hit my car in a supermarket car park and drove off... and it wasn't on their CCTV..

    i hope their car is now a right off.. the ****'s

  • ?
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

    Well yes. Because they are standing on your private property to do this act of vandalism.

  • 1 decade ago

    yes comp does cover this part of it ,it covers vandalism as well as theft on a car,good luck with it.

    Source(s): been a certified mechanic for 37 yrs.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    read the small print,some policysdon't cover this, if not then your home insurance will

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    yes - so long as it is fully comprehensive.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.