Adrianne C asked in SportsBaseball · 1 decade ago

Do you think, Brian Cashman, should remain GM of the Yankee's, or should Steinbrenner replace him?

Favorite Answer

The New York Yankees always seem to come up with a recipe for winning...on paper. The Yankee's owner-George Stienbrenner has always been known as a owner who goes out and gets that missing piece of the puzzle.The other 30+ teams hate Yankee ownership for that.

I look at it this way."IF" you are a Yankee fan, YOU LOVE the Passion he has for his team...at all cost...

Now Cashman,you really can't hold his feet to the fire when his pitching has been hurt...and are aging etc.

Cashman has been working the phone lines, and will show he is worth keeping. He may not get that "Jewel" the Yankees are used to getting...but he will land you a HUGE pitcher this off season.

Contrary to what most fans think, Cashman may have the most difficult GM job in MLB. Yes, he has the most money with which to work, but he has the rare task of making sure the Yankees are competitive enough to make the playoffs every single year AND build a farm system that will produce players that will help the Yankees dominate in the future.

I say, let's wait a couple years before determining Cashman's future with the Yankees until we see how his next batch of young talent handles the pressure of being New York Yankees.

Cashman is good but I always thought that Steinbrenner is one of the best in the game at bringing in players of top quality. So I say make Steinbrenner GM.

Cashman knows the game of baseball and does a good job. I would find it hard to believe that Steinbrenner would would ever consider making a change.

Time to replace Cashman. Better get some new blood on this team .

This is a classic example of 'what have you done for me lately?' Why are Yankee fans who expect a championship every single season on this guys case? He helped to build (buy) some pretty damn good teams, some of which won the World Series. It seems ironic and fitting to me that the last name of the Yankees general manager contains the word CASH in it.

Source(s): Do you appreciate what he's done for the team or do you hate him because the all powerful and mighty Yankees have gone a while without a title or are god forbid for 1 season not in 1st. place?
  • JT-24

As a Red Sox fan I can only hope they keep him...but I have a feeling unless the Yankees go undefeated in August he will be out on his butt after the season is done.

I think that he should replace him. He signed Clemens to play this year for about $2 million per start. That's just a bit too much for an over 40 years old pitcher.

well i think he should keep him until the end of the season and well see what steinbrenner decides to do

steinbrenner cant replace him cause hes the owner...he rather hire someone