Why do people cringe when I tell them I am an undertaker?

I am not some morbid spooky person like the undertakers of the old time movies and I am just a normal person like everyone else, and at the end of the day after conducting funerals, I go home to my family like everyone else, I laugh, I cry, and I have feelings like other normal people, and I have a great sense of... show more I am not some morbid spooky person like the undertakers of the old time movies and I am just a normal person like everyone else, and at the end of the day after conducting funerals, I go home to my family like everyone else, I laugh, I cry, and I have feelings like other normal people, and I have a great sense of humour. In fact if you met me you would probably never guess in a million years, what I do for a living(no pun intended) unless I told you, because despite most peoples pre-concieved ideas I am just N_O_R_M_A_L. When all is said and done, It is just a job like any other, and somebody has to do it.
Update: Just to add to this question, I have only been in the industry for about 4 months after leaving another job and having to take whatever came along. So I am still trying to get used to peoples reactions when they ask me what I do. And yes I do enjoy it and being a Christian, I see it as a ministry of sorts, making... show more Just to add to this question, I have only been in the industry for about 4 months after leaving another job and having to take whatever came along. So I am still trying to get used to peoples reactions when they ask me what I do. And yes I do enjoy it and being a Christian, I see it as a ministry of sorts, making sure peoples departed loved ones are treated with dignity and respect, and being honored to be able to comfort and re-assure those that are left behind to grieve.