what are the disadvantages of living in the city?

the pressures of living in city.

Favorite Answer

peer pressure to "fit in" with the superficial city dwellers-developing high blood pressure & migraines due to traffic road rage-smoggy air-anxiety attacks-encountering criminals, possibly living next door to a sex offender or charming serial killer with a white collar job like patrick bateman for example-going crazy-being disgusted with the spoiled brats and their busy, stressful and materialistic world chasing money & all it has to offer.basically, that's it.

More polluted, less friendly people, more traffic, more expensive accomodation, and a LOT more noise if you live in a very busy area.

There are a few advantages though. Lots of life (clubs, pubs etc), lots of shops, don't necessarily need transport as you could be close to your job, (there are generally more jobs than there are in the country/small towns etc.)

Depends what you're looking for, and what your age, and current situation is. I enjoyed living in the city in my 20s (London), when I was single, but I wouldn't live there for all the tea in China now I am married with a child. Hope this helps.

There are just as many friendly people in The Big City as there are in The Small Town. Except, in The Big City, they aren't as freakin' nosey and want to know everything about you unlike in The Small Town. Maybe people aren't as anti-social as me, but that would be more of an advantage.

Disadvantage is public transportation is usually better to use then your own car (because parking = $$$$ and limited) and higher smog or bad air days.

there are some downs, but i love the city, its down to personal choice though anyway, i actually like traffic, and busy streets, and tall buildings...it makes me feelhappy :] lol...just decide what you like :]

pollution, crime, noise, congestion, constant close neighbors, pressure. But you may have less problem getting to job, store, etc... if weather is not perfect.

Polution, light polution (you cant see the stars), traffic, higher crime rate, lack of scenery.

More hookers