Do you get charged minutes for incoming calls with a Tracfone?

We are thinking of getting my HTB one of those prepaid cellular phones for a bit while we save up to get him on a regular contracted plan.

I am talking about the ones you buy at like Target and then get the cards with the minutes on them.

Favorite Answer

yes u get charged for everything u do on a prepaid phone from checking voicemail to text messaging to making/receiving calls.

yes you do I have had prepaid so far in my life I bought my first cell at 16 at it was tracfone it is okay if you dont plan on talking much because $20 is ridiculous for 60 minutes I switched to Verizon Wireless prepaid and they were great but way too expensive for me so I found a prepaid company called I-Wireless you buy the phones and airtime cards at nationwide kroger retail stores and it is similar to net 10 but they didnt have any phones that I liked but you get $.25 per minute 7A-7P then From 7p-7a you get $.10 per minute and also on weekends $.10 per minute or you can pay $4.99/month for $.10 per minute 24/7 and this has been my most cost effective solution since I talk quite a bit and you get FREE INCOMING TEXT MESSAGES!!!!! Net 10 doesnt offer this but if this I-Wireless isnt available in your area I would go with Net 10 wireless. And when you need customer service you get a american on the other line with I wireless Net 10 = no. Either way you get $.10 cents per minute with NET 10 and I-Wireless it is the most bang for your buck for a prepaid plan I would recommend either two of these carriers. All prepaid plans charge for incoming and outgoing calls.

Www Iwirelesshome Com Prepaid

Yes, any time you are using the phone to make calls, sending or receiving, you will be charged 1 unit per minute.

If you already have a plan you might be able to add them to your current plan for pretty cheap. I know Verizon offers to add a line to your existing family plan for $9.99 per month or convert your current plan to a family plan. When you do that the new line will be eligible for a phone at the promo price with a 1 or 2 year agreement.

Source(s): I work in the electronics department at Walmart and sell these things all the time.

let me understand this...I get a call that lasts about 40 minutes and I am getting charged for it? What a ripoff. Are they're any plans where its just one way ( me making calls )? Why would they charge if you get a phone call? That be the case I rather stick to my landline phone.

This means you cant receive calls at all if you got no airtime even if you got 500 days service. Its a complete rip off I'm telling you.

Are you charged if calls go to voice mail

yes but most prepaid cell phones do

Yes you do,doesn't matter if it's incoming or outgoing,it's still used minutes.

thanks for all the answers.