Do you get charged minutes for incoming calls with a Tracfone?

We are thinking of getting my HTB one of those prepaid cellular phones for a bit while we save up to get him on a regular contracted plan.

I am talking about the ones you buy at like Target and then get the cards with the minutes on them.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

yes u get charged for everything u do on a prepaid phone from checking voicemail to text messaging to making/receiving calls.

• 1 decade ago

yes you do I have had prepaid so far in my life I bought my first cell at 16 at it was tracfone it is okay if you dont plan on talking much because $20 is ridiculous for 60 minutes I switched to Verizon Wireless prepaid and they were great but way too expensive for me so I found a prepaid company called I-Wireless you buy the phones and airtime cards at nationwide kroger retail stores and it is similar to net 10 but they didnt have any phones that I liked but you get $.25 per minute 7A-7P then From 7p-7a you get $.10 per minute and also on weekends $.10 per minute or you can pay $4.99/month for $.10 per minute 24/7 and this has been my most cost effective solution since I talk quite a bit and you get FREE INCOMING TEXT MESSAGES!!!!! Net 10 doesnt offer this but if this I-Wireless isnt available in your area I would go with Net 10 wireless. And when you need customer service you get a american on the other line with I wireless Net 10 = no. Either way you get $.10 cents per minute with NET 10 and I-Wireless it is the most bang for your buck for a prepaid plan I would recommend either two of these carriers. All prepaid plans charge for incoming and outgoing calls.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

Www Iwirelesshome Com Prepaid

• 1 decade ago

Yes, any time you are using the phone to make calls, sending or receiving, you will be charged 1 unit per minute.

If you already have a plan you might be able to add them to your current plan for pretty cheap. I know Verizon offers to add a line to your existing family plan for $9.99 per month or convert your current plan to a family plan. When you do that the new line will be eligible for a phone at the promo price with a 1 or 2 year agreement.

Source(s): I work in the electronics department at Walmart and sell these things all the time.
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 years ago

let me understand this...I get a call that lasts about 40 minutes and I am getting charged for it? What a ripoff. Are they're any plans where its just one way ( me making calls )? Why would they charge if you get a phone call? That be the case I rather stick to my landline phone.

• 5 years ago

This means you cant receive calls at all if you got no airtime even if you got 500 days service. Its a complete rip off I'm telling you.

• 5 years ago

Are you charged if calls go to voice mail

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

yes but most prepaid cell phones do

• 1 decade ago

Yes you do,doesn't matter if it's incoming or outgoing,it's still used minutes.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

thanks for all the answers.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.