Job at American Eagle?

I would like to get a part-time job at American Eagle while I am in graduate school. Does anyone have any tips for getting a job there? How should I dress when I hand in my application and/or interview? What kind of person do you think American Eagle is looking to hire?

Favorite Answer

Alrighty, I work for AEO I applied earlier this summer. Don't worry about what you wearing when you hand in the application, the person who is hiring usually does not handle application also they're not going to base judgment on what you wear when your hand it in. When I got my interview to tell you the truth I wasn't even wearing American Eagle clothes, I was wearing Ralph Lauren, all they told me was that I didn't have to wear American Eagle Clothing but they said they couldn't have any other logos showing.

They asked questions like

1) Why do you want to work at American Eagle? (versus other retail chains)

2) Why do you believe you can contribute to American Eagle?

3) What was your greatest accomplishment and why?

4) What is your idea of great customer service?

Let me tell you, everyone I met at work is so relaxed and chill I welcomed instantly. We joke over the headsets and the time really flies by. They're not really looking for a specific type of person, like the laid back all that jazz. They're not going to ask questions in your interview that would really reveal that kind of stuff. They really only care about your working experience and what answers you provide.

i am an expert on american eagle. im applying there next summer. i think the people they hire have to be serious about the job but fun. happy and hip. nice. i think when you hand in your application/have your interview you should be wearing some of their dressier clothes. like there gorgeous summer dresses. or slacks and a button up shirt. but make sure its theres. good luck!! let us know how it goes!!!!

There are no rules stating that a company must contact you to let you know that you are not going to get the job and they do not have to give you a reason when they don't hire you It is only a courtesy when they call to tell you that you don't have the job and they have hired someone else, so get over it and go apply somewhere else!

Good tips:

-Where Hollister or Abercrombie

-If the interviewer is whereing an American Eagle Shirt, insult it.

-Tell her how hideous the models our.

-Act B!tchy.

You will definitely get the job.

the best thing i can tell u is to were their clothing young and cute yet let ure outfit say i really want and needs this job.

Source(s): ashleycakeporter@yahoo.com my name is ashley and the info is from me

definately wear their clothes!! and just act laid back, cal, really nice, maybe throw in a little funny=] but ae is looking to hire nice, cool, laid back people.

soo good luck!!

be sure to wear their clothes. another thing, thy look for people who fit their image which is laid back, fun, casual. as for the interview, be formal, and polite but be sure to be yourself. good luck!