Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelAir Travel · 1 decade ago

At what altitude do light aircraft (Cessna 150) fly from Oahu to Molokai?

Also, if you know, do Cessna 150's ever fly up Haleakala on Maui?

Aloha and Thanks.

Favorite Answer

A Cessna 150 is a light, mainly VFR aircraft with a service ceiling of about 12,000 feet.

Molokai is Southeast of Oahu, so a 150 on a VFR inter island flight could fly at any odd altitude +500 feet up to 11,500 feet.

1,500'

3,500'

5,500'

7,500'

9,500'

11,500'

Instead of making a JA out of myself, why don't you just click on Hawaii.com and e-mail one of their tourism sites for chopper flights, plane rides etc. and ask them? But my guess would be at least 2,000 feet ceiling plus depending on instrument rating, weather, etc. I'm not familiar with the terrain but it seems to me if you're a pilot, you'd want to inquire about volcanoe height, cloud covers etc, time of day. I was in the Civil Air Patrol years ago and took the basic flying course that we all as volunteers had to take to familiarize ourselves with the organization. Good luck and have a safe trip!