Fortune P asked in HealthMen's Health · 1 decade ago

Build up upper chest / pecs?

Hi, I get down to the gym a couple times a week, and spend one session a week working on my chest, shoulders, and tris. My lower chest has developed quite well, but my upper seem to look like they dont get anything out of the workout. How should i change my workouts? Currently I do flat bench presses, flys and incline presses.

Favorite Answer

I totally understand what you mean. I had the same problem and this is what i did: On chest day apart form the flat bench press over your chest, perform the same exercise on a flat bench, however, this time do not perform the exercises above your chest but bring the bar level to your throat just above your adams apple. Do this slowly taking 3-4 secs to bring the weight down to your throat and pump it back up to the start as fast as you can. This keeps the muscle under tension for longer allowing for better results. Also do this either with a spotter or on the cabled bar to avoid the bar crashing down into your throat if you cannot bring it back up. You wont be able to lift the same weight as a normal bench press but it does work and you will feel it. Perform 4 sets of about 8-12 reps, then drop the weight and perform a 15 rep finisher. It works better than an incline bench press. You can also use the cable cross over as well as the peck deck together with this exercise. I also go to the gym every second day to work on my chest, it may be more effective for this excercise to work out more than once a week

Give it a shot you have nothing to lose

Good luck

Source(s): Personal experience

Wrap it up...Just do shoulder press/ bench press/ dips, u should see results within 2 weeks "IF U WORK HARD AT IT" ,,o and try to have a partner it helps alot

on your chest you should be doing right here workouts Bench press (throw the incline in now and back to jazz it up) Dips (flow onto weighted dips while they get too elementary) Dunmbell bench press(ultimately it incredibly is the greater exercising) do no longer worry approximately top %. extraordinarily at your age. in simple terms communicate approximately construction length contained in the percentsection And undergo in concepts Squat and deadlfit like your existence relies upon on it stable success

work on your delts and your traps a bit more. by upper chest do u include the shoulder and neck area?

You need to do decline more.. thats what gets your upper chest bigger.. good luck.