what is pokerus?

my pokemon havent got pokerus but i was just got curious... i know that pokerus is a good thing. it helps you train much faster, and with more ease.

but how long will pokerus last?

how can my pokemon get pokerus?

how do i know if my pokemon got pokerus?

you can add any extra details ( optional)

plz help?!!!

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Pokérus

Pokérus (a portmanteau of Pokémon and virus) is a rare virus introduced in Pokémon Gold and Silver. It is extremely infectious in nature, being able to spread between Pokémon of different species. The only cure for Pokérus is to wait for a period of 24 hours. Infected Pokémon can be traded to Pokémon Red and Blue, but because Pokérus does not exist in these games, it cannot be contracted or spread when traded. However, the effects of the Pokérus are still applied. Similarly, a Pokémon with the Pokérus cannot be cured while in these two games. In Pokémon Diamond and Pearl, Pokérus is displayed as a pink rectangle stating Pokérus in the Summary window.

Despite being a virus, Pokérus is beneficial to its hosts. Pokérus accelerates the hidden statistical development of Pokémon (that is, its training) by making it gain effort values at twice the speed. This effect is cumulative with the Macho Brace, and an infected Pokémon with such an item effectively trains at four times its normal rate. In the third generation games, where training is capped to a maximum, the Pokérus does not raise this maximum limit. The overall effect on a Pokémon's strength is thus negligible, as a Pokémon can be fully trained with or without Pokérus. It is, however, easier to fully develop a Pokémon's skills with Pokérus because it reduces the number of battles needed to fully train the Pokémon.

Pokérus is mainly contracted from battles; there is a 2 in 65,535 chance of contracting Pokérus in battle. If a Pokémon in the active party has Pokérus, in each round of battle there is a 1 in 2 chance (1 in 3 in the third generation) that an adjacent Pokémon on the team will contract the Pokérus. The active Pokémon can also contract Pokérus in this manner if the first "bench member" has the Pokérus.

Pokérus is cured after 24 hours on the party from the time of infection; Pokémon cannot be cured of Pokérus if left in a PC box or are traded to Pokémon Stadium 2 or Pokémon Box. It also appears that pokerus will not stop being contagius even after twenty-four hours in Pokémon Diamond and Pearl. Once Pokérus' effects end, the host develops an immunity to it and pokerus can no longer be transmitted. However, the accelerated stat growth remains, the Pokémon only loses the ability to spread it.

Pokérus was mentioned in the Pokemon Chronicles episode Oaknapped as a lifeform that Team Rocket was looking for to accelerate their evolution process.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Pokerus WON'T make your Pokemon grow faster. It'll cause Pokemon to gain twice the stat raise it normally does from battles. More specifically, it'll double your EVs, which are what decided your stats.

EVs are points you gain from beating a certain Pokemon. Starly gives 1 SPD ev, for example, while staravia will give 2.

Every 4 EVs will increase a stat by 1. EVs are what make a trained Pokemon stronger than a wild. IT's all a bit complicated to explain, but I'll just say there is a limit to EVs.

To answer the questions:

You have to either beat a wild Pokemon or catch one with Pokerus. It'll last 24 hours, but if the Pokemon with pokerus is in the PC, it'll last forever, until withdrawn, in which the 24 hour timer will continue. IF your Pokemon has PKRS, it'll be shown in it's summary. The Pokemon Center lady will also inform you of Pokerus. If a pokemon with Pokerus is in your party, it'll spread to the others. IF you get it, train the pokemon like crazy until it's gone, and you'll find it'll be as strong as if it was a few levels higher!

Hope I helped!

• 3 years ago

Pokemon Pokerus

• 1 decade ago

The pokerus is a marvelous thing. When a pokemon who has or any other pkmn who csught, gains a level their stat increase is higher. With the pokerus pkmn in your team it will last about a week, in your box it can be preserved forever, but won't do anything. In order to keep pokerus have the pkmn with in your team and go about your buisness. Check every so often to look at the pkmn card. If it has a purple box with letters in it, then congrats you spread the pokerus virus. I suggest storeing a few pkmn in your box just to always have it when you need it. Pokerus is legit safe and is all good. Its like rare bonuses nintendo puts in, like shiny pkmn. Like shiny pkmn the virus appears at random in the wild, and is alot easier to come across if you use gts instead. And that raps it up.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • heusel
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

What Is Pokerus

• 1 decade ago

If one of your Pokemon have it, after you heal a new message should appear. If you happen to get this rare disease it should make your Pokemon grow better. This virus is very contagious and can spread quickly.This virus does not hurt your Pokemon. It should last about two days. After it has worn off, it will leave a small dot beside the Pokeball that you caught it with.

• Lisa
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/UTGJ0

pokerus is caught only if you have an encounter with a wild pokemon that has pokerus the tough part is you don't know which pokemon have it. sometimes if you battle a pokemon with pokerus it'll spread to the pokemon that battled. if you want it that badly nd need it fast you can always use an action replay

• 1 decade ago

Pokerus only last like a day unless u put it in ur box its very rare for u to get pokerus almost as rare as seeing a shiny when a pokemon has pokerus itll show it as a status

• 4 years ago

Just do what the others guys said or trdae with people over Wi-Fi like me that has pokemon with pokerus.If you have Wi-Fi

• 1 decade ago

within 2 days, your pokemon die. TO heal this, you gotta give in 2 super potions, and 3 HP Ups. After that, fly to the pokemon leauge and buy 1 of every pokeball.

then it will be cured.my Lv. 100 guy almost died

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.