?
? asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 decade ago

Should two Type A people date?

I am a Type A guy (aka the hardworking perfectionist type) and all the women I have dated are also Type As. I do not see this as the root of the problems in these former relationships, but some of my friends insist this was the issue.

So is it a good idea for a Type A to date another Type A?

I have had Type B women want to date me in the past, but I just have a problem wondering if they care enough and if they are slackers.

Favorite Answer

Generally, Type A people tend to have relationships with Type B people. I think that although there is certainly nothing wrong with two Type As dating, there is also the possibility for you both to work to hard, and expect too much out of each other. You might just drive yourselves crazy.

I think that you need to find somebody that works for you. If you haven't had problems with As in the past, then I wouldn't worry about. I would stop looking at people as either Type A or B, because certainly there is some sort of scale to it as not all A's are the same. Find someone that makes you happy, and that brings out the best in you.

It will be a problem if you have different ideas of perfection or either of you puts being a perfectionist above having a good relationship. Or if you demand to have the perfect relationship.

So, yes, you can date a type A. Date several, and after they all run off, then reassess your Type A commitment, and lighten up a bit so that your date can too.

I always say if you have similar values as your sig. other, it's both a plus and a minus: positive in that the two of you will be working towards similar goals, but negative in that two overachievers have little time for each other and may be too stubborn to compromise.

You shouldn't consciously go out looking for Type B's; dating a mellower girl might be really fun, but you'd have different problems there. I say just date whomever you're into, but do avoid getting serious with women who are more interested in their career than in a long term relationship.

think of it this way, if you get two perfectionist together where is the challenge? where is the fun? getting to know each other, two different types A w/ B just think of the possibilities. you can teach her how to balance her checkbook and she can teach you how to laugh and let loose.

i'm the type A in my relationship and he is the type B a definite B. he is the love of my life.

don't get all hung up on types though.

just go out there and be you, the rest should fall into place.

In my case-- I have found that it can be pretty hard to date another type A person--i can get pretty competive, but they can challenge me more also. I have also found that it the type B person can off set me, which can make a good combo. Sometimes they can be too much of a slacker and that doesnt work either.

• Harmon

Type A people make for terrible mates, they are never satisfied and end up destroying every relationship they have.

Trust me on this- if you are a Type A person, you need to get help, shift down a notch and relax before you attempt a relationship

Dude, I don't believe in this type A type B nonsense. You just have to date someone who can put up with everything that's wrong with you and you have to do the same....good luck!

depends on the person involved. you see, a relationship needs a give and take from both parties in order for it to survive and prosper. since you know each other's type, it should be an added plus, not a hindrance.

• Am

This is like asking if two Aries can date LOL.

Of course, anyone can date anyone!

Just communicate and have respect for each other ... oh wait that's suppose to be the default for love anyways DUH.

;-)

Just try not to get on each other's nerves.

Type A's have a problem with focusing.

www.thesummertimedream.com