Matt! asked in SportsBaseball · 1 decade ago

Will the Yankees get a backup catcher during the trade deadline. Who are they looking into?

Wil Nieves is the worse player I have ever seen. He can't throw, field or hit. I hear the Yankees are looking for a backup. Who are they trying to get? Will they make a trade for someone or call up raul Chavez?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Are you ready for this one? I heard today the yankess are looking at Mike Piazza (sorry bout the spelling of his last name) i heard they can get him dirt cheep,he will be a back up catcher and pinch hitter,I heard he misses Ny really bad, I really think this is going to happen,Alot of talk today about this

today,Can you see him catching for Clemens?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

yeah i definatly agree with you about will nieves. i think maybe theyll call up chavez, it'd be nice to have another young guy around (the only young guys we have are melky, robbie and andy phillips). but right now jorge's doing a great job, you would never guess that he is like what 36? i love him! hip hip jorge! hip hip jorge!go yanks!

• 1 decade ago

i don't like him either but hes mussina back up catcher so he has to stay and i think the Yankees need pitching more than a catcher

• 1 decade ago

i think catching is the least of their worries right now. if they do anything before the trade deadline it'll be get a good setup man

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

yeh, i dont really love wil either. i hope they call up chavez soon...but jorge's having a great season! hip hip jorge.

<3

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

yeah he hit horribley and so does throwing but he does hit the ball hard but right at a fielder

• 1 decade ago

they are looking at yorvit torealbla on the rockies

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.